Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best time to sell 2nd hand boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year I bought a pair of Salomon F4.0 2015 boots.

I didn't get on with them at all - used them for a week then bought some different boots. I didn't sell the F4's at the time because I wanted to make sure the new boots would actually be better (which they were) and that trip was right at the end of the season.

When do people think is a good time to sell 2nd hand boots on ebay?

Looks like you can pick these up for £140 in the sales new, if I got £100 I would be happy. They hare virtually unworn, still have the new boot smell and everything.

http://www.snowandrock.com/salomon%20snowboards%20f4.0%202015/salomon-snowboards-boot/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/63727
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kat.ryb, just before the start of the season - say Oct/Nov. Worked well for me.

Sold my last pair then, 5 y/o used for 2-3 weeks per year and was pleasantly surprised with the 150 notes + postage for em Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
January
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Used ski gear sells well in October/November/December. Sales normally start in January so unless you are selling super cheap people may opt for unused gear then.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Bones, where did you sell them? The Internet Tat Bazaar? Always29s old boots are cluttering up the garage and taking up valuable room which could be used for n+1 snowboard storage. Nobody wanted them last time we tried to sell them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Following as I expect to be selling mine before my next trip out
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kat.ryb wrote:
Looks like you can pick these up for £140 in the sales new, if I got £100 I would be happy. They hare virtually unworn, still have the new boot smell and everything.

Personally I'd rather pay £40 more for a brand new pair that would come with warranty and support. If they didn't feel right when they arrived they could be returned with no questions asked.

When looking for a set of race skis for my son I looked on ebay and some of the prices for second-hand skis were surprising. I suspect some people had paid full price for them when new and were looking to recoup some of the cost but a simple Google search would often reveal brand new sets at 30/40/50% off list price. This brought buying new to nearly the same as second-hand. I eventually bit the bullet and bought another pair of Salomon X-Race SL JRs for £165 (list price £300). The irony is that about 3 months ago I paid £195 for an identical pair. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin The first pair I bought him were his "Race" skis but are now his race training skis and the new pair will be his race skis.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Richard_Sideways, fleabay, don't use it much but does come handy at times. Waited for a free listing/ no fee deal to sweeten it Smile

Probably a reasonably desirable boot and size, I felt I got lucky tbh.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
OK cool, so we think Oct/Nov/Dec to be a good time. Thanks all.

Quote:

Personally I'd rather pay £40 more for a brand new pair that would come with warranty and support.

Yeah, so would I. But by Oct / Nov you probably won't be seeing those discounts as it will be new stock in the shop. Anyway, £100, £80, £40 whatever, something is better than them sitting unused on top of my wardrobe Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy