Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Luggage - Dakine Low Roller

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The ol' snowboard bag is getting a bit decrepit and have found an rather good offer on the Dakine Low Roller.
Quick Q for the collective: Anyone use one? Can you fit a board, a set of skis and 2 sets of boots in one bag ok, or should I be shopping around for the High roller or similar?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes subject to the BSL of the boots not being huge.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nah, I have the tiny feet of a marmoset.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A longer lighter 175cm low roller that will have the volume from length may be the best option if you can find one (I have a few dakine/burton bags to move on but think summer sales may short circuit that .)
With longer bags you want internal tie downs so you can stagger the two short ski/brds to fit the 175cm bag lenght this way the bag does not sag or drag its bottom out.
The cheaper 166cm burton gig bags were bad for this but they still work very well , the airlines will do them in sooner or later anyway .
The narrow 165 low rollers when maxed out on BA 23kg will probably need the bindings spun or removed if you fill them up .
It also pays to pipe lag the nose an tails as edges will cut the bags up rough in no time
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A high roller in 165cm is about 5 maybe 6kg in a 180cm with the ease of chucking in two brd sets having high volume but you lose 2.5kg for that .
So the high roller often depends if you all take another hold bag or your length of stay and amount of gear.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 28-07-15 15:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Always lag the board, and will be stripping the bindings before putting OHs Fuegos inside. I went for the bigger 175 Fall Line ski bag (which is essentially the same). They're more than half price off at Sport Pursuit at the moment - around £40. As we've got boots/boards/skis/helmets/gawd knows what else to go in as part of the Family Wagon Train additional luggage is always a feature.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went for the Double Fall Line but I'm disappointed that there are no internal compression straps.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy