Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Large Gp (12) - advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon

I've just agreed to go skiing with my sister next year and she has 4 boys over 20 (+girlfriends). Uncle Rob (moi) has been tasked with taking a look for a place in France for about 14 people - mid to late Feb 16. We want to ski & snowboard from the front door and wifi appear to be top criteria (alas) - preferably a reasonably sized town and it looks like self catering chalet looks favourite. Yes I can do the internet searches but any ideas gratefully received.

Uncle Rob Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does it have to be then? Peak French holiday time and one of those weeks is also UK half term. if the time is fixed there might be better alternatives to France.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have booked places for 3 generations of our family for the last few years, including for my sons all in their 20`s plus the occasional girlfriend/partner.

http://www.chalet-altitude.com/en/# Their place in Les Arcs is pretty close to the lifts and they have apartments of all sorts of sizes. Wi fi worked well, bread can be delivered in the mornings and you can add catering options. My review is here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2435740&highlight=les+arcs#2435740

Year before we stayed at their place in La Rosiere but it was not ski out (just a short walk) the better skiers in our group skied back most days though! Not sure how boarders would fare. Review on here somewhere!

Good wi fi is a prerequisite for some in our family due to work commitments.

This year we have gone for the catered options and you get some good deals for filling a whole chalet!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy