Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Congratulations Little Martin, BASI L1!

Poster: A snowHead
Congratulations to Little Martin on passing his BASI Level 1 alpine instructor qualification. Those Instructor FastTrack sessions with Scott did the trick! Well done mate, pleased for you.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very Happy Very Happy

Knew you could do it!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Congratulations Little Martin!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks! The help from Scott on the fast track sessions certainly helped, my trainer really likes my shorts which were an issue prior to the training with inside out.

To think it's only 18 months since I started skiing I am really happy with how things went Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Little Martin, Well done mate, level 2 beckons now...... Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Little Martin, You should be really proud of your pass, You made some excellent progress during our prep course and your shorts came on loads. Delighted to hear your trainer was digging your shorts as that was the area that you worked most on Cool Cool Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Little Martin, well done! Congrats!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well done, Little Martin!

I find this a little disturbing, though Toofy Grin
Little Martin wrote:
......my trainer really likes my shorts
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Didn't you know Inside out also give fashion tips Wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Well done - a fantastic achievement after only 18 months on skis! I don't think I could pass it and I've been skiing since before the Flood. rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Little Martin wrote:
Didn't you know Inside out also give fashion tips Wink

I can believe that of Rob and, especially, Neil Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Red Leon, Laughing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@rob@rar,
Have you got your Apple watch yet? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nobody told me teaching kids would be this knackering, up and down the slope picking them up after they fall over Shocked
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Little Martin, ha! When they tell you to get fit to be a ski instructor you soon realise that's not for your own personal performance - it's so that you're able to pick up an endless stream of falling down kids!
snow report
@Little Martin, it does rather motivate you to get them skiing well enough that the don't fall over so much though.
snow report
@Little Martin, @Maireadoconnor, @kieranm, Laughing Laughing

Last season I ate cheese and bread and chocolate, I drank red wine, I still lost 10lbs thanks to the little nippers Toofy Grin
snow conditions
36.5 hrs shadowing completed last night, made up of Wednesday evenings and Saturdays with the kids as Hemel - now for first aid this weekend and I'll have my L1 Smile
ski holidays
@Little Martin, congratulations!
snow report
How was the first aid course? You looked a bit cold on Saturday!

Who was it with as I need to get one done for my Adaptive qualification
ski holidays
Lying down doing nothing, whilst you hope the others can work out what's wrong with you is very cold Wink

Thankfully we only did a few things on the slope, Sunday we were out on the grass at the top of the car park.

I did it with BASP - http://www.basp.org.uk/basp_course/EM2/

There's a few others that also do it at hemel, but I think BASP was cheapest when I looked.

This course also gives you SQA - Emergency First Aid at Work qualification.
ski holidays
Got my blue instructor jacket, and have my first lessons on Sunday at Hemel Shocked
snow report
have fun
snow report
@Little Martin, good luck!
ski holidays
Quote:

I don't think I could pass it and I've been skiing since before the Flood

+1. Congratulations, @Little Martin. snowHead
snow conditions
Little Martin wrote:
Got my blue instructor jacket, and have my first lessons on Sunday at Hemel Shocked

Good luck, you'll be fine, just remember to keep it simple Smile
snow report
Nice one! I must get my act together and join you... I have an application form to fill out. What was the interview process like?
latest report
Presentation, questions, warm up ski, 15 mins ish teaching session (can be anything), and checking availability.

It's nothing to be worried about, I just did a few bits from a Level 1 lesson. Safety is obviously important, and making sure you know what you are talking about helps Wink

You then have a 2 hour induction where you are shown around, the various levels and lessons you could be teaching etc, how the slope is split up for lessons, how to use the computer system and a quick run through on skis the levels and the expected goal for each level.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Little Martin wrote:
Presentation, questions, warm up ski, 15 mins ish teaching session (can be anything), and checking availability.

It's nothing to be worried about, I just did a few bits from a Level 1 lesson. Safety is obviously important, and making sure you know what you are talking about helps Wink

You then have a 2 hour induction where you are shown around, the various levels and lessons you could be teaching etc, how the slope is split up for lessons, how to use the computer system and a quick run through on skis the levels and the expected goal for each level.

I heard you had to deadlift a child in each hand to prove you were up to the task?
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Little Martin wrote:

I heard you had to deadlift a child in each hand to prove you were up to the task?

Laughing Laughing Absolutely! I shall be deadlifting children in the morning!!
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
Little Martin wrote:

Only if you're lucky, it's usually the adults that you have to pick up!
ski holidays
@Little Martin, how did you get on?
snow report
Tired and aching too many children to pick up Wink

Think I have got my first request private so I must have done something right Smile
ski holidays
Little Martin wrote:
Tired and aching too many children to pick up Wink

Think I have got my first request private so I must have done something right Smile

Sounds about right! Laughing I am the same after 4 consecutive hours of 3-6 year olds. Hot bath and wine tonight.

Well done on the private request Cool
snow report
Little Martin wrote:

Congrats.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy