Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warm & Waterproof Mittens

Poster: A snowHead
I get really cold hands can anyone recommend a good pair of goretex insulated gloves that are the best in their opinion

thanks guys

snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you have a budget in mind?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hestra - I have the lobster looking ones. I have used them all season and have had warm, dry hands and havent needed hand warmers once. I recommend.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hestra. Although they don't taste as nice as lobster.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hestra again...I have the Heli Pro mitts-the non waterproof ones. Mr P has the Heli Pro GTX Goretex numbers--the lobster ones. I fancy a pair too...just need to wait for mine to wear out.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I got a pair of Heatra Gore Tex lobster mitts in an end of season sale. £75 from http://www.ldmountaincentre.com

I've also bought my son a couple of pairs of non Gore Tex kids lobster mitts although I'm slightly sceptical about how warm they will be. They appear to be a shell with a thickish removable liner glove. The liner is a traditional 5 finger glove and there appears to be no other insulation. If he gets cold hands I may need to stick a hand warmer pad in there wach day.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Black Diamond Spark , or Guide models.....as warm as you can get.....unless you go Arctic Spec! Not cheap but you may pick a pair up in sales.

Hestra Heli Pro 3 finger mitts and normal gloves for me.....but always a good breakfast so as to keep extremities warm until at least lunch stop and also a pair of cheapish silk inners in my pocket, never needed any warmer, but the BD ones above are supposed to be the best, too warm for me though!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm currently using a pair of North Face Himalayan Mitts which depending on the type of GoreTex you have in mind may meet your requirements.

In the past I've always used combination inner/ outer gloves, but these really are the warmest things I've used. They have comparatively little bling on them also.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arcteryx Alpha SV glove. Not a mitten clearly but really warm and waterproof with goretex shell / leather outer and very thick removable fleece inner. Tick all the boxes for me and have been great so far. But eye wateringly pricey.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mountain Equipment Randonee Mitt:
http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/randonne-mitt-7976

Very flexible Schoeller softshell fabric with pile lining. Absolutely perfect.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@juliebenn, have you considered that you may have Raynaud's disease? Extremely cold fingers / toes, change colour, painful when warming up... My wife developed it a few years ago and now needs to ski with heated liners. And mittens.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@juliebenn, black diamond Mercury mitts are good for ladies. they also have a more expensive range which are rated to even lower temperatures. check their website for full range.

hestra also great
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Which heated liners, @under a new name? Having bought electric socks which I can control from my phone I might be tempted to go the full gadget hog. I find some of the hefty gloves uncomfortable with slightly arthritic fingers.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pam w, she moved from an Italian brand called Klan which were very good if a little industrial(aimed at bikers so if anyone needs a Klan bike to glove harness, we have three for sale) to blazewear.co.uk which are generally great although the switching can have a habit of switching itself...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks. snowHead
snow conditions
@pam w, they also do electric socks and a I think a universal Remote Laughing
latest report
For warmth, durability & value for money you can't beat Kinco 901 mitts & gloves: http://thepisteoffice.com/index.php/the-piste-office-store/kinco-gloves.html
latest report
Black Diamond Soloist. I liked them so much that I bought a second pair in case they get discontinued by the time mine get too worn out but it doesn't look like it will happen any time soon - after maybe 110-120 days of wear they are still holding very well.
snow report
@juliebenn, Hestra the Mrs has the lobster ones I have some others, she gets very very cold so just bought her some liner gloves too!

Hers 30570 Army Leather Heli Ski
Mine 31851 CZone Pointer

https://hestragloves.com
snow report
+1 for what @spyderjon, says I can not imagine why I am saying that Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
thanks for all your replies guys 😄
snow report
When it gets a bit chilly we use Hestra Army Leather Goretex mitts. If it gets silly cold we also wear thin silk inner gloves. Just use Hestra leather balm to keep the leather in good condition and they last just fine.

https://hestragloves.com/sport/intl/gloves/alpine-pro/31461-army-leather-gore-tex-man-woman-mitt/100/
snow report
Even warmer:
https://hestragloves.com/sport/intl/gloves/alpine-pro/35161-army-leather-extreme-mitt-man-woman/100020/ snowHead
latest report
I have the hestra army mit extreme. To be honest I didn't realise I had that version until I checked just now. I bought them a couple of years ago knowing I wanted hestra and a mit. They've kept my hands toasty in all conditions (inc below minus 10-15 C and in the rain). I've seen older people wearing a well worn pair of hestra gloves, so I figured they are worth the price for gloves that will last for years. Just need to be careful of your ski edges on the leather palms, and use leather oil as mentioned.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy