Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Season in Silverstar

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I've been offered a place on a season at Silverstar (Canada), I wanted to do Whistler but left it too late.

has anyone got any experience of Silverstar from a workers prospective? Granted its not gonna be as wild as Whistler but I still wanna have a good time!

Having trouble finding anything online so thought i'ld start a new topic if anyone wants to share there experiences it would help me out massively making up my mind.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No season worker comments I'm afraid but we skied there for 2 days as part of a BC road trip 2 years ago.

In terms of our visit:
- Entertaining small area.
- Handful of lifts - inc one or two fast quads IIRC.
- Great snow.
- Minimal queues in New Year week, though there was one fast lift that had a (manageable) queue.
- One nice-looking mountain restaurant at the top - but so busy that we couldn't get near.
- Novel night skiing.

The resort is very quaint - with a small main street (that you ski through) that has a few bars, shops and restaurants.

IMO, a decent skier would be bored in less than a week - so I'd question spending a season there if there are other (bigger) options available.

However, if the choice is Silver Star - and a winter on the snow - vs a proper(!) non-skiing job, I'd say go for it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been there for a couple of days. Some nice steep runs over the back and some easy access outabounds. The boredom factor is not really an issue IMV - you simply get to learn every tree line and secret shot rather than travelling longer distances. You will get cabin fever in resort though over a winter and will want to escape occasionally to Vernon or Kelowna. The good news is that road trps to places like Revy, Big White and Sun Peaks are easy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would like a season at Silver star. I like it. Some good steep runs and glades, ski a new line every day.

Tubing, skating pond.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice resort small but great skiing. Not worked there but been there skiing for the last 8 yrs mostly 1 week or 10 days.
Staff lodging is mostly in an ex hotel about 20m behind main st. There are a few bars and restaurants a saloon that the staff frequent from time to time. The staff accommodation had its own bar not sure if its still there. Skiing area resonable and varied some steep double blacks and some greens with trees, Staff lift pass gets you cheap tickets in nearby resorts.
Food shopping can be done in Vernon so not to expensive, do the beer and wine shopping as well. You will have to buy beer and wine from the liquor store not the supermarket (there is one next door to most supermarkets).
Terrain park, tree runs there is night skiing friday and Saturday on a couple of runs. Powder snow when it snows one rental shop one bakery one pizza shop, a few restaurants and bars.
Thats it there are lots of strangely painted buildings minimum 5 colours its the law 5 colours .
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Did you decide about your season in silver star? Why do you say you're too late for Whistler?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Smaller places with less workers from OZ , UK are better, you may even meet some locals!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy