Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to buy?

Poster: A snowHead
I have at least one of everything. I don't really need any clothing or accessories.

What should I get next to move to continue to improve/ be interested (I will ski most anything)

Boots Atomic Hawx100 boots (maybe 4 years old)
Salomon Xt800 skis (similar age) - I am re-evalutating owning skis given the effort to carry arround and that airlines seem to think I am a wallet with legs
Dakine Heli 20L - broken diagonal ski carry (from hanging under a chairlift...)

Thoughts? I like a bargain too
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lessons?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gary Wayne skis. Or Rax skis.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kioksor,
1) An intensive coaching course? Off piste or racing perhaps?
2) Custom liners for your boots?
3) Charity?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lessons.

More beer for your instructor so they can teach you how to make decisions.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
doubt your boots are holding you back unless they don't fit properly. DO they? I am NOT a believer in changing boots without a good reason - can be expensive, uncomfortable and frustrating before you get to the promised land. If you think they are a tad soft or loose then you could consider something like intuition liners but "if it ain't broke..."

Sounds like you are happy hiring skis.

Have you any interest in more adventurous off-piste or ski touring? If so then I'd invest your money in an introductory course. If not may be a technique camp.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can never have enough merino (actually only need three base layers but...)!

I love gloves. Standard leather pair. Mitts for the really cold days with silk liners. Also a softshell pair for late season.

Not sure of your level but some lessons again (Mountain Tracks/Snowwork/many more good uns). If you are up for off-piste get some whitedot or blizzard all-mountain skis................ plus avalanche kit and an ABS bag

I could go one and on. Never had a problem spending money on kit myself. Hardest thing is hiding it from the wife Blush
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spend your money on getting more time on the snow. Perhaps consider a good quality book to self improve or lessons or both.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
More beer for your instructor so they can teach you how to make decisions.

Or perhaps bad decisions Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Apparently there are a few french micro resorts on the market....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
a snowboard?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Your own apartment or chalet? or just keep your cash in your pocket and enjoy skiing.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Are there any ski hills in Greece?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I saw a Russian lady in Courchevel who Had a D&G handbag that was specifically for ski-ing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kioksor,
I have to question what you are doing on a forum like Snowheads.

" I don't really need any clothing or accessories."

is close to heresy.

If, however it is true, I am sure that there are lots of willing recipients of your charitable donations of either kit or contributions to kit here.

If you really love a bargain consider self drive, total travel costs are similar for 2 cheaper if more than, and you can take as much kit as you can cram in/on to a car and you can get 7 days skiing in for a standard week, 8 if travel out on the Friday. More skiing for a similar cost = Bargain.

Once you cross to the dark side of driving the scope for spending on new kit expands dramatically.

A few suggestions.

Skis - Absolutely, no matter how many pairs of skis you have there is always a need to buy another pair, so at the very minimum. a pair of dedicated piste skis, a pair of dedicated off-piste skis and a pair of 50/50 for those days when neither you nor the weather can make up your minds.

Boots - No, only change these when they are absolutely knackered, but when you do, don't skimp, get them from the best bootfitter you can, it may seem expensive as one off, but they will make or break your holidays. If you want to spend more then get them with the heating elements.

Poles - Always buy a matching pair for each of your set of skis, nice big baskets for the powder and aerodynamic bent ones for on-piste and a pair of adjustables for touring.

Gloves - at least 3 different pairs plus silk linings to cope with all the differing conditions

Goggles - At the very minimum a pair with interchangeable lenses and 2 spare lenses.

The list is endless and once you get all that kit you will spend so long each morning deciding on the conditions and which kit is suitable that the conditions will have changed and you need to start the decision process all over again leading to no skiing at all.

This then leads to that inevitable decision to buy your own apartment/chalet so you can keep all the kit close to where you need it.

Then if you win the lottery there are ski resorts up for sale.

As you can see the options to spend are limitless.

I've had fun writing this I hope you have fun reading it.
@rogg,
Here's a list of Greek ski resorts
https://www.gtp.gr/skicenters.asp
snow report
@Timc, Very Happy Very Happy I enjoyed it too.

kioksor wrote:
(I will ski most anything)

What about some grass skis! Or, more seriously, some waterskis.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy