Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

chemmy and dougie - race camps hintertux not going down well on basi fb.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It seems Chemmy and Dougie are running some sort of race camps at hintertux and there appears to be questions raised on the basi facebook around their level of qualification to do so.

I am not an instructor (as anyone who has seen me ski will clearly know) nor am I a basi member, but it certainly seems to have stirred up some feelings.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Strikes me that they are not based in the resort, country so if they want to go and set up a temporary training camp they can. Very different to a ski school or business based there.

If I run a circus school in the UK and want to do a juggling camp in Nice for a weekend I'm sure we could go over and do it?
Then again, I remember I was once a teacher on a school trip to Paris. Our party leader was a Deputy Head working in England but originally from Paris. As we drove around she gave a commentary to the kids on the landmarks - until the coach was stopped because she was spotted guiding and didn't have the relevant badge.......

Gotta love the single free market.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Strikes me that they are not based in the resort, country so if they want to go and set up a temporary training camp they can. Very different to a ski school or business based there.

They still ought to have liability insurance for race coaching, either from BASI or from a Home Nation.

I don't think there has been a Coach 3 course recently, they may have got Coach 2.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
they havent got the badges therefore they mustnt impart their fantastic amount of experience gained over the years, as of course without the 'badge' they cant possibly kow what theyre talking about rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2 or 3 people banging their drums as usual - one reason to avoid the fb page...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think I set a few people straight, good luck to them I am sure it will be a good camp. Most BASI members don't know their current working rights in Europe let alone details on proposed changes to the laws which seem to be changing on a weekly basis
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PS @cameronphillips2000, as far as I'm aware juggling isn't a restricted profession in France...! Happy. Though as my son's Maternelle class have been having regular 'circus skills' sessions this year from an external instructor I stand ready to be corrected on this!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@iskar, @offpisteskiing, @skimottaret,

absolutely and I don't have any issues with it, just point out that there is a disparity of opinion with the ranks (which isn't unusual in any ranks really).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think BASI just like to argue for the sake of it these days , or at least a few individuals associated with them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy