Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets or Morzine for non skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've booked a chalet in Essert Romand for our first family ski trip next year and i'm trying to figure out where best to base ourselves during the day. On previous trips its been an all skiing group so we've just made a call on the morning and gone from there. However this year we'll have my non skiing wife and a 4 year old on his first trip who's not going to ski all day.

I'm trying to figure it where it would be best to base ourselves based on ski school, transport, non ski activities for mum and jnr etc. My gut says Morzine but any opinions welcome Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably Morzine as you can get back there more quickly if you have been up to Avoriaz or Les Gets on days other than skiing in Morzine itself.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Vessigaud, must confess I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do you have your own transport or does the chalet provide "beck and call" shuttles?

There is not a lot to do in either Morzine nor Les Gets if you're not skiing... And there's nothing to do in Essert Romand except what's in the chalet (other than walking if the weather's Ok).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes - we've rented a car for week so transport isn't a problem.

We're planning to put the kids in ski school for the morning and then meet for lunch and decide what to do that afternoon. Im guessing we'll have days where me and the eldest will head off to ski for the afternoon and leave jnr and my wife to do something else and then meet up at the end of the day.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Morzine would be easiest as the competent crew can whizz off to Morzine/ les gets or Avoriaz and you can still meet down in town for lunch etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Vessigaud, Base it on the ski school. Morzine much easier to get into main network and Avoriaz. You don't want to be driving around with ski school deadlines I wouldn't think.

NB it's never too early to book ski school if you're going in French school holidays...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd say Morzine will be the easiest for you and the other skiers as you'll have good access to the better slopes and the Les Gets base station gets very busy during the day, particularly if it's half term.

Neither are going to be great for the non skiers, but I suspect Les Gets would probably be the nicer place to spend the afternoons.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd probably say Morzine as it's 'in the middle' and there's a good bus service. This means wife+youngest can do school in the morning and easily get the bus over to Les Gets/up to Avoriaz to meet you for lunch and your skiing range isn't limited by the need to get all the way back to the same place each day. They could get the bus to the Ardent, gondola up to Les Lindarets and walk from there to the Goat Village one day. Bit of an adventure for them, a different set of restaurants to try and you're in the middle of the piste map to start your afternoon skiing with the eldest.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
L'Aubergade or Mountain Mavericks are great places for non skiiers. The L'Aubergade has a great open terrace, my mum stays all day on the terrace while we ski. She calls it her second home now!

Other places i have liked are Val D'Isere but Morzine has something about the town which is very nice. Plus its only an hour from Geneva and people live there all year so its got things like cinemas and nice shops which arn't to expensive due to the season price increase. The chalets Mountain Mavericks are worth looking at to as they have very flexible living space www.mountainmavericks.com

Hotel website: www.laubergade.com
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My non-skiing mother liked Les Gets - she enjoyed being able to sit in one of the cafes and watch the skiing, and she was also able to "field" the one young member of the group who was in ski school (with BASS) and buy him some chips before he went off to do more circuits round the drag lift (this was a few years ago, the local arrangements might have changed). She liked the feel of les Gets (it was a lot smaller then......) - she'd not have been remotely interested in cinemas or shops. She also enjoyed just reading in the chalet, which had nice views, and we took her up Mont Chery for lunch one day - she was using a walker doofer and the lifties were incredibly helpful - she was a bit anxious about it.

I guess it depends just about 100% on where the little one is in ski school.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy