Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vallandry private lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Can anyone help with this? I am hoping to go to Vallandry. Part of the attraction is the New Generation ski school. However they won't do morning private lessons. I'd rather lessons in the morning for myself and then I can ski with the children in the afternoons after their lessons.

How do others get around this? I could do a group but my experience of group lessons is not great.

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it is fairly standard that private lessons are only offered at lunchtimes or in the afternoon particularly in school holidays. The instructors are all needed for the busy mornings. I think your options are:

1. book the kids into group morning lessons and arrange for your OH to give them lunch afterwards while you have a private lesson. Then ski as a family after that.
2. book yourself into group morning lessons so your lessons fit in with the kids.
3. Book your kids into afternoon lessons and arrange your private lesson at the same time.

Skiing at Easter I think you are best off with option 2 as the snow can get heavy in the afternoons and it is better to have lessons as early in the day as possible. I like having the schedule of morning lessons for the kids as it ensures we are up and out at 9am when the snow is at its best. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@RosieL, you could try Evo 2 in Montchavin. They are the wrong side of the Vanoise BUT they only operate the private lessons in afternoons policy in *French* school holidays and I think you mentioned in another thread you are going the last week in March. I have had lessons with a couple of their instructors and recommend them. At least one of their instructors (Laurent) lives in Vallandry so it may be possible to have a lesson with him in Vallandry. We had a lesson with him a couple of years ago, we met him in Montchavin but he took us over to Vallandry and the whole lesson was over there then he just skied home. He's French but speaks good English. As a ski school they are very helpful and friendly and are as flexible as they possibly can be. Might be worth giving them a call to ask? The ski school owner Oliver is around over the summer as he does VTT.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both- that's so helpful! I knew snowheads would come to the rescue! Maybe I'll book group lessons, the adult ones are only 2 hours. I can then top up with the odd afternoon if I need to. Good point about the snow conditions being better in the morning. We've not skied so low down at Easter before. I'll also have a look at Evo2- that's brilliant, thanks. Yes it is the last week in March so hopefully the slopes will be a bit quieter than half-term mayhem....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy