Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

morzine lads trip

Poster: A snowHead
hello - every time i do a search online the snowheads forum has useful info...so ive come direct

I'm trying to find somewhere that will cater for a large group of men in morzine for a long weekend...and its not easy. We're not your usual messy youngsters type group but about 20 fairly civilized over 40s.

anyone got any suggestions? B&B's, guesthouses, hotels, big chalets. Just about anything considered..

alternatively if anyone has any other suggestions for a long weekend that's as accessible from Geneva as Morzine? (mixed abilities so Chamonix might be out)

thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hubbabubba, what dates? If during School holidays a. you probably don't want to go to France and b. you're very unlikely to find anywhere that won't insist on a Sat-Sat (or Sun-Sun) booking.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went with this lots a few years ago http://www.morzinelets.com and they were very good. Organise everything including transfers with their own busses from Geneva too.

We stayed at the Ridge Hotel which was a bit out of town but not so far it was impossible to walk. They did complementary busses but not back late at night.
Ski bus stopped outside door.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@hubbabubba, The Rhodos is in a (much) better location than the Ridge although presumably more expensive. It also has a decent bar. Looks like you can book whatever dates you like.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the suggestions - I'll have a look - dates are last weekend of feb i think..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@hubbabubba, so right in the middle of Paris holidays.

I'd get busy booking.

I don't think you'll find anywhere that isn't a hotel that will accommodate your weekend needs. Lots of hotel booking sites. I'd also be looking at Italy or Austria if you can get flights.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hubbabubba, Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead you have a PM (top right, Send/Read Messages)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wot @Jake43, posted. I've used Morzinelets for a couple of long weekends (only four of us mind) but they have been very good.

And welcome to the mad house Madeye-Smiley Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You could try the hotel igloo. Great location and the hotel is nice too. Was very reasonable last time I stayed.

I think you have to email them for details - dont think they do online booking.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are LOADS of places that can help you in Morzine. Post on Chaletsdirect solutions room - Ridge or Rhodos would be a good bet if you can get in there.

Morzine is ALOT more flexible than other resorts when it comes to short breaks so you will be able to find something - but it won`t be a bargain based on the time of year you want to travel.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chalet Eira
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The erstwhile packs of british nannys in Morzine used to happily accommodate large groups of men. The service is a shadow of its former self since it fell victim to greater regulation. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ahhh, @shep, those good old days... reliable services, etc.

@Nadenoodlee, I don't know of LOADS of places with 20 beds in Morzine that aren't hotels and I can't believe that very many French run hotels won't insist on Sat-Sat bookings during les vacances...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, I do.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Nadenoodlee, OK where and who? I realise that there's been a shedload (a recent glance at Les Gets on the way through on Friday was extraordinary) of construction in Morzine since I last holidayed/worked there (don't ask how long) but really?

And stag weekends?

We don't accommodate stags (or hens) (and many people won't) plus we usually don't do weekends anyway (because most of our clients don't want that) but we have had some positively vile experiences before we learned our lesson.
latest report
@under a new name, so much construction going on in Les Gets, you are certainly right about that.
snow report
I did a stag do a few years ago at Chalet Sherpa, with its pub next door, could be worth a try?
ski holidays
Rude Chalets apparently have a new hostel/lodge? My son cleaned there over the winter. According to their website sleeps 40, and is bookable by the night.
snow conditions
That would be the former "Paradis de Laury's" and associated hotel I think, @karin.
latest report
Yep Rude lodge is open also has the very good Rude Cafe below and next to Paradis.
ski holidays
Is Laury still alive?
ski holidays
It re-opened this year- Rude Chalet company bought it and the hotel and converted it.

We have a lot of Stag/ hen do groups in winter and summer in Morzine because we have alot of good short break accommodation and the infrastructure to make it possible.
snow conditions
Oh lordy, @Nadenoodlee, that's hardly a recommendation for the place. And I maintain, you aren't talking about French run hotels. Examples, please.

I knew about the "Rude" takeover, I'm sure it's an improvement, mind you, I've had a few err, entertaining nights down the old Paradis. Usually when it was the only place left open.

If I recall correctly, although I probably don't, it was the scene for a rather embarrassing end to a "Sexy Bath Night". Might have been Pacha or Opera Rock though.
latest report
@under a new name, maybe for you but thats why we have different resorts isn`t it? Everyone seems quite happy and well behaved and probably explains why it is so popular with familes and groups of adults of all nationalities.

Lots more flexible stay places in town now - Rude lodge, Sherpa, Aubergarde, Le Cottage, Ridge, Rhodos, Chalet Eira Lots of chalet operators that could help too, hence why I suggested a post in Chalets Direct.
snow report
I've stayed in the Ridge Hotel and the separate Chalet associated with the hotel. Very good and affordable accommodation for a long weekend.
snow report
L'Aubergade is a great place, ski or bike to the door and great beds/bar www.laubergade.com/en
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy