Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soelden Ski Pass Query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lampbus and I are thinking of heading to Soelden again next winter and I remember reading a post last year where somebody (possibly SamerbergSue) mentioned that if you buy a 6 Day/weekly ski pass, it can already be used the afternoon of purchase.

(apologies but i can't for the life of me find that thread again)

It would be great if I could have your input on this as it's of course nicer not having to add an extra half-day to the ski pass if it can be avoided!
Smile snowHead Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did not used to be, but make sure you get the lift pass that covers you for a day in hochgurgle
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
schneeflocke, you need to check with each area, but most of the resorts I've used in Austria have allowed you to ski from 15:00 onwards on the day you purchase it even if it officially begins the next day. It is only from 15:00 though, so hardly a half day really. I'm there in October for 5 days so I could ask for you if you want.

I've never bothered with paying the extra for Obergurgl, although the I usually have a Tirol Snow Card these days, so I could pop over if I wanted to. I find there is more than enough skiing in Sölden itself. If you don't have a car you are tied to the buses or a taxi if you miss the last one back any way, kind of spoils the day if you are constantly watching the clock in the afternoon.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the super quick replies!

Hmmm this does look like a half-day pass then if there are no delays etc. Please don't go to any extra trouble with the lift pass office!

Interesting points re Obergurgl/Hochgurgl. Lampbus kind of fancies a day back there for old times sake though because that's where he learned to ski - we shall see Madeye-Smiley !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy