Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine in summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at a MTB week/long weekend in the Alps. Presuming Morzine if the best place to do this (very much beginers in MTB), are there enough bars/restaurants open to keep us amused?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Dr John, you will certainly find a whole lot open in Morzine in the summer, and in Les Gets too
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dr John, both Morzine and Les Gets are quite buzzy in summer with lots open and a great atmosphere. My husband is off to LG for a week in early July with a couple of mates, road biking, and we've had lots of great family holidays there too. Sure you'll love it Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In some respects, there are *more* places open. Or at least on a bike or on foot you'll come across more restaurants on the mountain that are beyond the usual boundary of the ski area and town centre.

T minus 5 weeks and counting...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excellent, thanks all.

Any accommodation recommendations? I prefer to organise my own trips in stead of packages.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dr John, good choice, very buzzy in the Summer.

Check out http://www.44south.co.uk/0-home/home.php run by a friend of mine, you will be very well looked after Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One more question., how is Chatel in Summer?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just as busy as Les Gets and Morzine. lots of bikes.

I stay in one and visit the other c/o a couple of chairlifts and a gondola, but Morzine is a bit more convenient if you want to visit both Les Gets and Chatel in the same trip.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dr John wrote:
One more question., how is Chatel in Summer?

It's quieter than Morzine and Les Gets, the town that is - Depending on where people are riding will depend on how busy the trails are... there are guides if you want to go 'lift free' and access some quieter stuff

There are a nice selection of bars if you want to head out in the evening, but as Chatel is smaller than Morzine, they generally aren't as busy but still have a nice laid back feel, and the Nazca is a really nice place owned by a real 'dude' who runs the bar with his girlfriend.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Morzine booked for a long weekend. Any trail tips for a beginner MTB'er?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
See if you can sign up with a guide fir the 1st day.... What you learn will make the rest of your weekend much more enjoyable.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How beginner?
Trail from top of Pleney lift following the sign that says "Liaison Les Gets" (or something like that), is reasonably beginner. And iirc to get back, exit Les Gets on the road and immediately as you exit the town turn left down a lane and follow the river trail.
Over in Les Gets, the black XC route is easy (but the signage is bad, so definitely take a map and gps, else you'll end up in Samoens).
Goat village to Morzine is a mix of road and easy trail (follow the browny-purple signs), but one forest section is blocked for works (so lots of switchback road descents), and then the river trail changed daily when I was there the other day, since a big chunk got washed away and you have to navigate round it (not a problem if you have a map and a sense of direction).
Or if beginner MTBer means easy trail centre bermy stuff, then the Panoramic green run in Chatel, and the blue bermy run from the top of the same lift back down on the Lindarets side. (although personally I think all that trail center stuff is stupid, but does make a fun trail en route to somewhere)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dr John, BODY ARMOUR. Rent Body Armour.

I hear the ambulances go past far more in summer than in winter and it isn`t just the hardcore crew who are hurting themselves alot.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy