Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booboo ski, Japan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening All,
My son is taking a year out from college and hopes to spend it in Japan ( A1 in Japanese Leaving Cert and fluent speaker). He's found the above company online and their arrangement seems very good. 4 months in a ski resort, home for 6 weeks the 3 months on Okinawa in a beach resort. Booboo get the job, supply digs,food , liftpass and a smallish wage. Has anyone had any experience with them and if so what did you think.
Cheers,
Briand6868
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seem legit.

What they offer compared with applying directly to ski resorts / ski companies is the opportunity to work with Japanese people and improve the language skills.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Getting a 1 year work permit for a young person is easy, but you only ever get it once.

Finding a job would be easy too with language skills, certainly in Niseko anyway, no knowledge of the beach places but I would think that the novelty factor would make is a sure thing.
Inter-season work in Tokyo etc would not be difficult to find based on the experiences of several of my son's friends (of that age).
Finding work in a school for example...was really easy to do.

Personally I'd suggest doing it without paying a huge hidden fee to Booboo
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lads, thanks for that. I've trawled everything and they seem spot on. I'm pretty sure they get a tasty wedge from his wages but they sort everything transfers, lodging, food,job , lift pass etc and he'll be on his todd so looks good. Also it's the whole Japanese experience he's after and Booboo seem to go to great pains to ensure this ( before finishing his degree and plotting world domination) and fluency in the language is a big plus. He's not there for the money but looks like about e600 after all expenses and tax per month into the pocket, plenty for him Wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Brian,

I'm Grant, Support Coordinator for BoobooSKI. If your son has already applied I've most likely been in touch with him.

I just wanted to address the point made about wages and our fees. Resorts pay us to source staff, so we don't receive any portion of wages. The only money we'll collect from your son is a one-off 10,000yen (about $100) transportation and orientation fee on day one, which will cover his orientation, travel from Tokyo to the resort and transport back to the city at the end of his contract.

Great to hear that your son is going for experience rather than the money. Resort work doesn't pay as high as English teaching, and as tax is 20.4% for anyone who has lived in Japan less than 12-months it is a substantial deduction - but one that's unavoidable anywhere in Japan unfortunately. We work only with resorts and hotels where we know everyone will have a great time - so he'll certainly have a unique and enjoyable Japanese experience!

If you have any questions about our programs or what we offer please don't hesitate to contact me anytime. I doubt I can post my email address on this forum but you'll be able to find it on our website.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Grant
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Grant,
Thanks for getting in touch, he sent in his application the other day so I'm sure his name will pop up in due course. Looks like a fantastic set up for someone who wants to experience the " real" Japan. Don't think it would be advisable to post your email here but I'll pm you if needs be. Enjoy the forum - your input on Japan will be very much appreciated here.

Cheers,
BrianD.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@grantjohnson1, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply. Are you able to give me his first name and the first letter of his last name? That way I can check on his application and make sure he's being looked after. Thanks a lot.

I'll be sure to have a look around the forum and give my input where I can.

Regards,
Grant
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pm sent grant
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy