Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Norway in May, June and July - any info?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - I've heard that there are several early summer, downhill-skiing options in Norway from now until around July or at least late June.
I read about a place called Stryn which is meant to be pretty good.
Anyone ever been there or anywhere else in Norway at this time of year?
It's odd - the ski mags all do summer skiing features at the end of the European winter but only look at glaciers in the Alps and North America, and the southern hemisphere options. Never seen any mention of Norway. Must be a conspiracy!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most resorts in NO closed end of April-first w/end in May. Last year Hemsedal opened at the weekends well into mid-May because the snow was so good. Stryn doesn't look like a big resort - two pistes and a few bumps/parks? For late June why not go to one of the Alpine glacier resorts? I get the impression that early in the summer, the skiing is still OK (before the race camps arrive and the snow melts).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Riksgransen might be worth a look - although it's in Sweden, not Norway. Forecast for the next week looks appropriately cold!

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Riksgransen/6day/bot
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Neil Neige, How about here.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stryn is good and will be open through June. It is glacierterrain with fantastic views. Folgefonna further south is the most stable for summerskiing. They have so much snow so will probably be open until late August or maybe September. It is pretty close to Bergen so transfer is much more easy than Stryn. BUT, both places have just one lift so dont expect fantastic skiing. But the scenery on a bluebird day can compete with everything. Fiord and a glacier is a good combination. Heading down after a day from the mountain, both Jondal (Folgefonna) and Stryn are pleasent places at sealevel.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for these - useful stuff.
I have skied Riksgränsen (twice!) and a couple of Alpine glaciers in the summer. All very enjoyable. But I love the sound of these Norwegian places even if they only have one lift. It's the vibe that counts! Would be great to see Bergen, and sounds like there's a daily bus service to Folgefonna from there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy