Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Queenstown 2015

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Sarge McSarge, Cheers snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sarge McSarge wrote:
Hey @Iski, does that mean I can come and stay at yours??

Hope you have enjoyed my season.

You'd certainly be welcome to come and stay, but the nearest skiing to me is indoors at Milton Keynes Snozone! Laughing

I've definitely enjoyed all the photos from your season and, hopefully, will visit NZ again but be able to ski there for more than a few hours next time. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Sarge McSarge, looks like you need some touring gear, there's plenty of snow still left in those photos.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dbeatski, you are right there is lots of touring to be had for at least a month. Might have to borrow some kit Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Sarge McSarge, carpe diem!
Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Sarge McSarge, We've just arrived in Auckland and are planning to fly out to Queenstown next weekend. the plan is to rent a camper van and make our way back to Auckland the following week.
Any ideas on the best places to visit, campsites to stay in on the way or any places to avoid?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skichampcouk, From Queenstown there are three main options for heading north.
1 Go to Dunedin and then follow the east coast right up the Island.
2 Inland route to Christchurch via Tekapo.
3 The west coast via Wanaka and the Haast pass.

West coast is the most spectacular scenery and is also the most remote with greater distances between towns.
NZ roads are usually rather narrow and curvy so allow plenty of time. Nowhere really to avoid but do check out weather reports as conditions can change quickly and be quite different from one area to the next. For example it can be raining very heavily for days on the west coast and dry and sunny inland and on the east coast.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Sarge McSarge, Thanks for that.
We sort of have a plan but it could change depending on the weather or if anything seems more appealing when we get there.
We're flying into Christchurch on Sunday, picking up the camper van there and stopping nearby on Sunday night. We're then going South towards Dunedin, then onto Queenstown, maybe stopping near Fox Glacier and possibly Nelson on the South Island.
We hope to stay around Hastings / Napier on the way back to Auckland.
From our very limited experience of New Zealand the weather forecasts only seem good for 2 days in advance so things could easily change.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy