Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

canada 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Hey fellow snowheads, bit premature but I am thinking of going back to Banff, Canada for few weeks in Jan/Feb time. Was wondering if theres anyone out there thinking along the same lines and want to join me Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi There - Heading over to Banff for Xmas so not going to be there there when you are but a quick word of warning ref flights - Air Transat are not flying from the UK to Calgary this winter (2015/2016) - we've had a nightmare having booked via Canadian Affair to get them to switch us onto the Air Canada flight out of Heathrow. Eventually got it sorted but I reckon the direct schedule flights may get booked up quicker this year with Air Transat not operating the route.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi went thre 10 years ago but do fancy it again nothing booked as yet but looking at others posts may be good time to start looking let me know your thoughts Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would jump at chance of skiing in Canada, Jan might be an issue but feb is a defo. It all depends on availability !! Smile

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 9-08-15 17:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've started looking recently. 11 nights in Panorama, Lake Louise or Banff for around £900, self catering at the end of Jan. Sorely tempting but all my normal ski friends are getting married and have no cash.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If any of you fancy a buddy I'm 50 year old half decent skier how's family do not ski looking to go over the pond and ski 10 - 14 nights not over Christmas or new year but any other time would be ok
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi , I am a 55 year old , go skiing every year normally with one or all of my kids, this year got 1 in new Zealand, 1 in Sudan and fortunately 1 in Canada for 2 years want to combine visiting her and skiing Looking for a buddy to share with as all ski deals are for at least 2 sharing. Has to be Whistler, January is a good time to go, good deals with Skiworld and iglu ski at the moment. If this is of interest to you please get in touch, thanks Andy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Andy
Yes would love to do Whistler heard so much about it hope it lives up to expectations
Let me know what you have found and dates etc as I need to buddy up because of single room supplement if want can email direct to peter.alan@yahoo.co.uk
With thanks peter
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@chrshe87, Did you find your way there already? I'm thinking on whether to go to Whistler/Fernie or back to Hokkaido. Never been in Canada, so is getting more points.
My options in Canada right now are room/studio hunt or maybe book a nonstop improvement course (yet a bit concerned about being surrounded by a bunch of teens).

If still looking and would be willing to share an apartment, what would be your dates?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arbor wrote:
@chrshe87, Did you find your way there already? I'm thinking on whether to go to Whistler/Fernie or back to Hokkaido. Never been in Canada, so is getting more points.
My options in Canada right now are room/studio hunt or maybe book a nonstop improvement course (yet a bit concerned about being surrounded by a bunch of teens).

If still looking and would be willing to share an apartment, what would be your dates?

Having done nonstop I can guarantee you won't be surrounded by a bunch of teens. Theres always a wide mix of age groups, especially on the improvement courses.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good to know, kudos for the tip Thedrewski. They look like pretty cool and serious peeps too.
How's Fernie town like? i'm still researching, but looks like the slopes are surely a bus ride far, right?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arbor wrote:
Good to know, kudos for the tip Thedrewski. They look like pretty cool and serious peeps too.
How's Fernie town like? i'm still researching, but looks like the slopes are surely a bus ride far, right?

They are a great company, run really well by Rupert and the team.

It's a short drive away (5-10mins, tops), and they operate their own bus.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am considering skiing in Canada or USA in December 2015. Sounds interesting. How do I find out about information on the nonstop improvement course?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skidance wrote:
I am considering skiing in Canada or USA in December 2015. Sounds interesting. How do I find out about information on the nonstop improvement course?

You Google nonstop ski and snowboard.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Arbor, If you were wanting Whistler then have a look at Yes Improvements too.
ski holidays
How is the Canada search going any news ?
snow report
It was always my dream to go to Canada so if anyone thinks to go in February I could possibly join in. I'm 36 years old female skier and don't really mind the resort as I never been to Canada yet
snow report
The scenery is just "jaw dropping" .. (like so many mountain areas)
Make sure you take the drive between Banff and Lake Louse on a sunny day.

I like to call it "God's Back Yard" ... But actually "God's Back Yard is in the next valley over at Golden (Kicking Horse)
So that makes the trip up to Lake Louise ... "God's Front Garden"
You'll love it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy