Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2015/2016 ( May 4th 20cm Snow overnight)

Poster: A snowHead
Thanks for the info. Might hold off a bit longer to wait and see how the snow develops.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

http://youtube.com/v/tvZQmP5dGIQ
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New Gampen Restaurant

latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was le DUMPING over the Arlberg Pass last night. Lots of Swiss driving annoyingly slowly on summer tyres; one German driving his Merc stupidly fast whatever his tyres.

At least no lorries for change though. Tunnel opens on 14th Nov again right?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999 wrote:
Tunnel opens on 14th Nov again right?

That's what they say 14 Nov 2015 have not heard any other news.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.

http://youtube.com/v/2ep3GoMSUMQv
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

http://youtube.com/v/jbh-ixkERaQ
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice video, great snow in Sonnenkopf Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Here is what new in St Anton (only) this season. Note new Skiroute 19A, its not actually new but i guess there making it official now.

http://www.abbag.com/en/winter/skiresort/news/

Zurs

Some more construction fotos of the new Übungshangbahn. This really is a serious upgrade from the old 2 seater lift. Appear to also building in the new Trittkopf Gondola base station.

http://www.directupload.net/file/u/48702/8p95fwt4_jpg.htm
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stanton, any idea if the Arlberg Tunnel is still on track to re-open 14 Nov? I'm Be Nice please! sick of getting stuck behind lorries crawling up the pass at snail's pace and inconsiderately ignoring the lay-bys they're supposed to pull into to let cars pass.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@clarky999, I thought i answered that last time you asked. I have not heard about any delays to the reoppening.

http://www.asfinag.at/arlbergtunnel-en
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stanton, ah, didn't see it if so. Thanks for the link!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
anyone have any thoughts on which week would be better to book? 27/2/16 or 12/3/16. i know its only 2 weeks difference and no one has a crystal ball but would like to know if historically snow conditions have been just as good in march as they are in feb. went to ischgl a few years back 3rd week of march and on some runs i felt i was water skiing rather than snow skiing.
look forward to your thoughts/opinions

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 10-11-15 8:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@MogulMonkey, toss a coin, it will be as accurate a guide to a specific week in 2016 as any historical snow reports!
snow report
@MogulMonkey, if your after more chance of powder go 27/02, if your after longer days but with likely warmer temperatures go 12/03. We've had great snow until End March but if it's powder you're after its diminishing returns after WK1 March in my experience. Any week is brilliant though, we always avoid Half term and Easter, too many folk about! 😜
snow report
@Markymark29, you could have warm temps on the 27/2 and fresh powder on the 12/3, or vice versa... there is no way of telling....
snow conditions
@kitenski, The longer the season goes on the less chance there is of full-on storms, and hence big powder days in mid March are less frequent than late February. Dec-Feb is the main storm season in Arlberg.@MogulMonkey, may not want powder anyway, the snow base isn't going anywhere in 2 weeks but the quality does generally drop off ime....hence my comment about warmer temperatures mid March, it's great that time of year for piste skiing and sitting on terraces and getting a chilled-out late afternoon vibe, but for big snow days you're better off earlier and away from main holidays I reckon. (I know there was a decent dump early April 2015 but it came and soon deteriorated and went, the big prolonged dumps which hung around were mid/ end Jan 2015, and also mid/end February......really cold and big snow best combination.....some of the best conditions i've ever skied in St Anton last season even though most reflect that it was a poor season, we just got lucky!)

@MogulMonkey, I'm there for 2 weeks at last week Feb/ first week March.....also late December and January, might nip out for Weisse Rausch for a daft weekend bonus but early season is best in my view. Toofy Grin
snow report
Booked 27/2. I probably knew the answer before I asked but thanks to all that have commented, . Bonus is that Mrs MM. Has talked about taking off piste lessons..👍. I love playing off piste but it will be awesome for us to be able to share the experience together.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 10-11-15 8:56; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Pray for POW!
ski holidays
3 times remarking about your 2 weeks in Colorado....
Clearly a case of virtual sadness here?
ski holidays
Arlberg Tunnel reopens this Saturday night 24:00hrs for the winter. It closes again next April .

http://www.krone.at/tirol/Ueberhitzt_Lkw_jetzt_vor_Arlbergtunnel_gescannt-Freigabe_am_Samstag-Story-481581
latest report
Heavy Snow this weekend Nov 21/22

http://www.wetter.com/wetter_aktuell/wettervorhersage/7_tagesvorhersage/?id=ATAT30594
latest report
@stanton, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What's progress like on Gampen restaurant, finished yet? Access via Rodelbahn road could get tricky after the weekend!
snow conditions
Woohoo the Tunnel is open again! Drive from Montafon to IBK is <2 hours again now, and not a lorry to be seen Very Happy
latest report
@Markymark29, They do not use the Rodelbahn cattrack. They use the road up from the PistenBully Garage, Zammermoos around then upto Gampen.
They will just snowplough it clear not a problem
snow report
If I head to Warth-Schroeken this weekend is it possible the road will be closed to Lech ? Or am I being too pessimistic - or optimistic Happy
ski holidays
Given the current predictions it would definitely be possible that the road Lech-Warth will be closed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/UdfwlFLLdW0
snow conditions
FLASHBACK Stuben am Arlberg 10th November 2007 !

Bring IT ON !!

http://youtube.com/v/AwItUobYX1E
latest report

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 22-11-15 0:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 25-11-15 12:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
latest report
Great start, super-cold and loads for forecast for upcoming days. one month today we'll be there! Toofy Grin
snow report
Hi, we are going for a few days early skiing, December 13th, staying in St Anton driving from Zurich. We will arrive in Zurich about 10.00 and hope to ski in the afternoon. We are taking two teenagers who will need to hire equipment (badly losing time) and so I was thinking of stopping at Stuben, hiring there, skiing the afternoon in Stuben and returning the equipment on the last day after our ski, on the way back to the airport. We're aiming to lose as little time as possible and I am right that Stuben is en route to St Anton from Zurich? Also anyone know of a good place to hire there, or any other place en route?
Any help very much appreciated.
Rachel
ski holidays
@rachelb, we hire down the valley at Sonnenkopf, much cheaper... and you could ski the afternoon from the cable car next to the rental shop!

http://www.milanovic.at/
snow report
@rachelb, Caveat to that is that if there are any issues with the skis it can be a pain to have to take them back if out of resort I'd suggest. Agree with @kitenski, you'll get a cheaper deal at Sonnenkopf or Klosterle though vs St Anton. Parking at Sonnenkopf is very easy and its a steady place with some great tree offpiste for a good warm-up day.....it CAN be very busy on a weekend though with familys, handy spot up the valley for locals from Bregenz/ Feldkirch etc but you'll not be there until 13.00-13.30 so you'll likely find it may be quieter in the afternoon but the carpark may be rammed, overspill up the road towards the services though. Very good place.....enjoy it, and don't use all that powder up please Very Happy
ski holidays
Don't see the use in renting in Stuben. When driving to St.Anton from Zürich, the Arlbergtunnel is faster than the Arlbergpass. And with using the tunnel, you will not go through Stuben.
There are rental-shops near the Galzigbahn, which is the central cablecar in St.Anton.
It's essential to find accomodation at walking distance to one of the central lifts.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 23-11-15 13:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Langerzug, Tunnel is usually only around 10 mins quicker (80km/h limit, and it's horribly hypnotising to drive though), which doesn't really seem worth the €9 (unless it's gone up) to me. I do the journey every weekend and almost always take the pass.

@Toadman, Sonnenkopf then Stuben then St Christoph all come before St Anton. Sonnenkopf will get you on snow soonest, Stuben is another ~15 mins, St Christoph another ~10 mins (then ~10 to St Anton). St Anton will have the biggest variety of skis to choose from if you want something other than standard piste skis though.
snow report
Also, snow:

My flatmate was touring in Zürs yesterday and reported enough snow for the occasional faceshot.

Good amount in St Christoph, and you could ski the pistes there easily (obv you have to hike atm). Stuben is nice and white, but not enough snow to ski yet. Snow on the ground all the way form St Anton to Montafon now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy