Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2015/2016 ( May 4th 20cm Snow overnight)

Poster: A snowHead
Don't expect too much from that snow in Austria but it is a good sign for the winter to come.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
3 months today we'll be just arriving in town anytime now for our first trip of the season, cant wait! Cool 6.5 months since our last ski, 3 months left to go so its 69% of the wait gone, sounds better..... wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arlbergstraße (L 197) Construction New Route Stuben - Flexenpaß

http://youtube.com/v/QPbPoedrINA
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here you can see the Arlberg Kunsthalle1800 http://www.arlberg1800.at/

& New Arlberg Taja in St Christoph under Construction

http://youtube.com/v/yO2UmCQ5-Yc
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/travel/85594/high-altitude-art-at-arlberg-1800.html
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

http://youtube.com/v/-2-5PaaO68o

http://youtube.com/v/Aib6HpzhjwY
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anyone about between Christmas/ NYear and/ or 27 Feb-5 Mar that might want to share a guide day, to split costs etc? Me and my ski mate will be about. Safety is our main thing, we know the area really well but we go looking for deep powder and have some new routes in mind next season, Kaltenberghutte/ Langen and also Maroital etc. Maybe Rosfall and beyond down to the dam if conditions right, not fussed Valluga north next season. We keep moving but have a laugh too and a beer or 2 in the sun at the end of the day...... need airbags, av gear, skins etc.

Let me know if want to join us...... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Markymark29,

Off Piste really does not start in Der Arlberg until there is a decent base so begin Feb.

Folk who go "off" at beginning season end up in Landeck/Innsbruck (Hospital)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Markymark29, getting there on 28 December for a couple of weeks so, I'm in!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stanton, Thanks for that (not so) positive contribution, right on cue eh?....however - there's plenty of grassy slopes that given a meter of cover offer decent opportunity (or at least there have been every other year I've been at that time). I agree places like Rendl up high are off limits but I'm pretty sure we'll find something to do wink

@Kelskii, Good to hear from you, potentially 30th then......will not book anything yet just sending out some feelers. There's plenty to do as we know, me and Dan are about and I think Clarky999 will show up at some point between Chistmas/ NYear so be good to ski a few gems eh, with or without a guide?

I'm more keen for March with a guide but if December cover great (as I'm sure it will be wink ) then who knows, it'd be rude not to!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Markymark29, 30th should be fine. I reckon @stanton, just wants all of the runs to himself. wink I got there at the same time last year and the snow had only just arrived but skied some good runs with Horizon and son. I'll do a guided day and we should be able to find some good stuff to do unguided too. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Markymark29, @Kelskii,

I just like to have a decent base under my skis when off trail so i go off later in the season butif we get a a good metre before we open then that could change Very Happy
I will hike up Rendl before they crank the lifts up (week before xmas) to get some private turns in Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, lucky you. I was there two or three years ago when it megadumped just before New Year. Hoping to get back for a long weekend in Feb/March too.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton wrote:
@Markymark29,

Off Piste really does not start in Der Arlberg until there is a decent base so begin Feb.

Folk who go "off" at beginning season end up in Landeck/Innsbruck (Hospital)
Ah that must be the reason why I've had some of the best off piste days of my life in January around St. Anton, including getting snowed in at the Ulmer Hütte for a couple of days rolling eyes
snow conditions
I'm there for the season so up for a beer or ski/board, tho not the guiding.
snow report
@Sitter, @Markymark29, @Kelskii, unguided ski day (+ beer) sounds good to me! Probably have to be a weekend though really, if that works?
snow conditions
@clarky999, fine by me. @Sitter can be the beer guide Wink
snow conditions
@Markymark29,
Hei, I should be in St.Anton from 25.12 till 09.01. No problem to ski with small company from Albona to Kaltenberghutte/ Langen (depending of course from snow and weather conditions) and them from Sonnenkopf back side to Klostertal.
I do not need guide for such journey.
But I will be glad share guiding cost for North Valluga (however, I do not believe it will be open, but....)
snow report
North Face Valuga has become unstable early season in recents years.

Last season at Xmas Albona-Langen ,Sonnemkopf Klostertal & Langen was not possible.

Conditions were so marginal they regraded the runs down to St Anton & St Christoph, Kandahar, Crappy Valley as Itinery Routes !
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
North Face Valuga has become unstable early season in recents years.

Last season at Xmas Albona-Langen ,Sonnemkopf Klostertal & Langen was not possible.

Last Christmas and New Year Eve was disaster, however after 02 of January it was a lot of snowfalls. No problem at all.
snow report
I'm not convinced we'll need a guide in December, if @Einari78, you know that route to kaltenberghutte etc, I hiked it in summer and am pretty confident with it anyway too. Not fussed about Valluga North next season.

Looks like a good team there, @Sitter, @Kelskii, @Einari78, @clarky999, I'm sure we'll get a day or 2 with a beer or 2 to follow. Matt - we arrive 24.12 and leave 2.1.16, maybe weekend of 26/27 Dec is best for us but you are in UK for Christmas I think?

@Steilhang,
Quote:

Ah that must be the reason why I've had some of the best off piste days of my life in January around St. Anton, including getting snowed in at the Ulmer Hütte for a couple of days

Yeah, us too
wink
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/IUckx7CxBDI
snow conditions
Was out from 26th December last year...its essentially started snowing the day we arrived and didnt stop. After a couple of days a lot of lower stuff was being done, especially if you count terrain over in lech zurs. Out for the same week this year and I'm pretty confident there'll be something worth doing Very Happy
snow report
Overnight snow did not materialise. To warm & its raining!
snow report
Zurs

Some more construction fotos here 6-Seater Bubble Chair Übungshangbahn

http://www.directupload.net/file/u/48702/wvzxi47q_jpg.htm
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:

Looks like a good team there, @Sitter, @Kelskii, @Einari78, @clarky999, I'm sure we'll get a day or 2 with a beer or 2 to follow. Matt - we arrive 24.12 and leave 2.1.16, maybe weekend of 26/27 Dec is best for us but you are in UK for Christmas I think?

Ah, good point... I'm back in the UK for Christmas (probe back in Austria around the 27th), then going up to a mates hut near the SkiWelt for NYE... Hopefully will be able to make a day in between, but can't say for sure until nearer the time!
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/jWWy59OPj_o

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 18-12-15 12:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@clarky999, no worries we're there if you can get there!
snow report
Folks. Valluga Ascent & Descent to Zurs. If you want to avoid paying for guides you can climb up heres how

http://woutmartens.com/valluga-north-face/
ski holidays
Let's hope opening weekend is better than last year.
ski holidays
Folks. There is an unstable unpredictable period of colder weather & precipitation this week which will hit the Arlberg Axis ....

Expect SNOW down to 2000M

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 13-10-15 14:11; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Quote:

unoredictable

sounds nasty!
snow conditions

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 21-11-15 8:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Flashback October 24th 2014 (all melted a few days later)

This is what Early Pre Opening turns can be like , No Lifts No, Skiers, Borders

http://youtube.com/v/ZnrjeIxXyUE
snow conditions
Yesterday October 14th 2015 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!

http://alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54164
ski holidays
Would be much better if that had fallen 51 days from now, on top of a 1 meter base...Just sayin'! wink

Curious as to what the crowd levels are like the week before, and leading into Christmas are like? Have possibility to cash in some Frequent Flyer miles on Lufthansa into Zurich week before Christmas. Dec. 19th -Dec. 26th would be the dates. Past experience at Zermatt the week before Christmas, the crowds were light. Is Austria similar?
ski holidays
Yes crowds are always light week before Christmas.
We were in Lech last pre-Christmas week. Snow was dramatic, few lifts and pistes, but no crowds. And the village was white-ish. Lovely short holiday.
The Germans and Austrians come on St.Stephensday, after celebrating Christmas at home
ski holidays
@Toadman, It is not really busy at all the week before Xmas. Xmas day in Austria (24th) is very quiet .
ski holidays
Arrive in town on the 5th of Dec for a week so will be following this thread with interest from now on. There is s lot of talk about a snowier than average winter so fingers crossed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy