Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski buying help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Gämsbock, interesting link but not sure that is the right thread for this subject?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ster, thanks - I was very confused for a minute there as I've never seen that (rather bizarre) thread before. But it seems I accidentally deleted the last digit when I copied the link in. I've edited the original post to point to the correct link.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon wrote:
Cheizz wrote:
I think the PX12 is a great binding......

I wouldn't describe a binding that has a heel unit that develops excessive lateral slop with little use & has a history of cracked heel base plates as "great".

That concerns me as I bought new skis with PX12's on recently.

Are you referring to this http://www.look-bindings.com/US/US/bindings-safety-notice.html or have their been further issues since?

How long before I can expect problems?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Layne, No it's the track the heel carriage sits on. One day it will crack and your binding will pre release. You can usually forward pressure it enough to get you home skiing conservatively (assuming you find the ski but it's a bit of a PITA.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How about these bindings? https://head.com/ski/products/bindings/powerrail/pr-11/2844/?region=eu

These would come with the Head rev pro's if i was to purchase them.

Any bad experiences with these?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
@Layne, No it's the track the heel carriage sits on. One day it will crack and your binding will pre release. You can usually forward pressure it enough to get you home skiing conservatively (assuming you find the ski but it's a bit of a PITA.

Well in that case they are clearly not unique. That sounds exactly like what happened with my Salomon S810's earlier this year. Those were a good few years old but I didn't expect the metal plate to split in half. It was very disconcerting. I previously had a Diamir Frischi touring binding go. Not a plate this time but rear plastic casing. Again, quite a few years old. I am 6'4" and 13.5 stone and ski fairly aggressively. My feeling after that was I should churn skis a little bit quicker to avoid failures like that.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just to say btw my first weeks use of the PX12's they felt really solid and I had no problems with them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mattchamp, if you find you need a pair of bindings for a flat mount then I have some Rossignol SAS2 150 bindings for sale. I had bought them to mount on my Movement Source, but was then shamelessly seduced by a sexy pair of turntables instead.

They've never been mounted so are brand new - I might still have the box too. They would certainly work fine for someone your size.

(I would also wholeheartedly recommend Movement skis if you're still looking for options. They make a variety of different models for all types of skier, several of which are very much suited to bigger folk who can push their planks hard. They are also high quality skis.)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy