Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EoSB15 trip report and pics

Poster: A snowHead
Not quite a trip report, more a list of notable mentions and a few pics.

1. admin for organising the bash; Ronald for organising the lessons and and for the fear-inducing “it’s very narrow and steep here, so be careful” comment on a rather arse-puckering traverse with scary exposure; windymiller and el Hen because I know you’re both very involved behind the scenes
2. The four Sarah’s for being great roomies
3. Scampi Dellahanti for the many other things you did to make our stay in apartment 11 a great experience!
4. Kooky and Scarpa for hosting a fantastic mid-week party where they served free Willys and introduced me to Hot Widows
5. Hurtle’s fantastic mackerel pâté, that somehow ended up in our apartment and which was absolutely delish
6. Steve Angus and the Steve Angus Sensational Off Piste Group (Yorki77, NickH, protosaurus and snow_girl) for two fantastic off piste clinic days
7. Philipe for one of the best off piste days of my season (honourable mention to protosauraus for not crashing into me wink)
8. The tour Lac de Lou crew for: a) getting me through the tight spots, b) the great company and c) the puns… oh the puns: Kooky, Scarpa, Ronald, geepee and whitenoise
9. NickH for being my primary off piste ski- and stopping for a coffee/drink-buddy: the Peclette off piste and the ridge line skiing were memorable
10. KenX for some great skiing tips and the opportunity to wax lyrical/commiserate about my Dynafit Beast bindings Wink
11. ringingmaster and protosaurus for calmly sitting atop the hill, watching me while I bootpacked up in the blazing sun
11. carl for rocking boardies and flip-flops in the snow!
12. Alastair Pink for your outrageously dapper ski outfits
13. And, finally, the ’usual suspects’ who manned the deck at the bar at the base of the Cairn lift… at the end of each day when I was completely shagged it was always good to end up on that deck and find friendly faces Cool

For those with whom I skied, PM me for the dropbox link to download larger versions of these and other pics from the trip.

The morning gathering outside the Oxalys proved that the Lofoten Skittles have stiff competition in the colour stakes

Some of the Steve Angus Sensational Off Piste crew

Steve Angus showing us how it’s done

Drawing dinosaurs in the snow

Some weirdo in tight leather wink

Jude1 had her ride home sorted at Scarpa’s and Kooky’s Austrian party

How to drink Hot Widows

The snowHeads meal deal at the 2 Michelin star restaurant didn’t include a floral centrepiece – we got the discount vegetable centrepiece instead

The tour Lac de Lou crew contemplating the starting point of the route

The artist formerly known as Avalanche Poodle showing us how he got his name

Looking back along the valley where we found some great Spring snow and this chap, geepee, stalking us

Picnicking above the frozen Lac de Lou

Hunter S Thompson and his missus

Pond skimming on the semi-frozen Lac de Lou

A dapper snowHead of the old school

Last skiing day of the season presented us with fine weather and superb off piste guiding from the inimitable Philipe (green jacket)

Skiing the Valley with No Name

Getting a few tips from Philipe

Somehow, KenX managed to get into every shot wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fantastic!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ooh look, my poles! Not sure why I look so grumpy, I was about to go out with Philippe on a lovely sunny day Happy

@Zero_G, lovely report, thanks for putting together. Sorry I didn't get to ski with you as we swapped in and out of each other's groups.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great photos and lovely captions. I love the fact that everyone gets a different bash experience, but we all get to share the memories. Thank you.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wasn't even there and I enjoyed it too! snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Zero_G, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do hot widdows have to be dunk out of a...... ahem.......Décolletage?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Zero_G, I'm just getting over the post bash lurgy but this brings back all the good memories. Great to ski with you and terrific report. A bash that will remain with me forever. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Zero_G, nice memories, that last day with Philippe was the perfect send off to a fantastic week Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Zero_G, Some great pics and memories. An amazing week all round Cool
I'll have to steal @Kooky's computer and post up some of my pics... plus the famous shovel video once I return home as for some reason it will not upload my vids from a MAC.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@geepee, guess it's L&M for you then wink

@Scarpa, I'm dying to see this infamous shovel footage.

@KenX, it was indeed the perfect send off – couldn't have asked for a more perfect final day snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Zero_G, fab report. ...who is that drinking heiße witwes with kooky?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@holidayloverxx, that would be Love me Tinder.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Zero_G, snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:
I wasn't even there and I enjoyed it too! snowHead

+1 Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
@pam w, honestly, it's even better in person. See you there next year?
ski holidays
@Gämsbock, I could have sworn that @pam w is a regular at the EoSB but didn't come this year, though could be wrong on that one.
latest report
@Zero_G, Nice to put some faces to the names, great report.
snow conditions
Well... with the ski season ending my traditional Austrian 'tache has gone. I am back to my usual sleeker summer face fuzz.
snow conditions
@Zero_G,
Quote:

the fear-inducing “it’s very narrow and steep here, so be careful” comment on a rather back bottom-puckering traverse with scary exposure;

I have washed my pants 3 times and the fear is still etched in them
Shocked

It was a really amazing week, my first bash too and I wouldn't have wanted it any different. Thanks again for the amazing dinner at yours and "The Sarahs".
I did attempt a ski here at Obertauern when I got home but it seemed very flat without the snow heads collective Crying or Very sad
snow report
Zero_G
Great 'speech'
Great photo's ( and captions !!)
Great skiing
Great company
Great week
Happy to be your off-piste ski ( and coffee/beer stop) buddy anytime snowHead

ps yellow is the new black !!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy