Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet delayed bag *now received*.

Poster: A snowHead
I flew in to Edinburgh from Munich today (after a week of very good skiing in Hintertux) and one bag didn't arrive, my beloved ski boots Sad

Apart from wishing I'd taken them in hand luggage, is there anything I can do to trace them? I have a code for www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/u2.htm but no info is available for my bag. The local baggage office say info will show up when the bag is scheduled for another flight, hopefully tomorrow, but I'd like to find out if the bag has been located, as I need the boots this week for coaching.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 4-05-15 11:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@balernoStu, congratulations snowHead and commiserations. Check again tomorrow? Decent airline and airports. Surely they will turn up, everything crossed for them turning up soon Smile We've had stuff 'lost' by BA a few times and been delivered the next day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah, I hadn't seen the other post, thanks!

Yes I do hope they turn up tomorrow. I've had a bag lost once before and it arrived the next day, but on that occasion they were able to tell me instantly where it was and when it would arrive. This time it was a bit, "hmm, it was checked in ok, here's a code, we'll send it on when it arrives" but no info on their whereabouts.

This has got me thinking about boots and hand luggage, given the airlines don't like us taking boots as hand luggage. In this case the shell wasn't modified that much but the custom footbeds are the best I've had and the liner also took a bit of work. So I'd be less worried if I'd taken the liners in hand luggage and checked in just the shells.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My skin bag went missing with easyjet in march, they found it and it came back a few days later. Bag was a bit ripped but everything still intact. We got texts and emails once found.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@balernoStu, i had a similar situation a few months back. For about 36 hours the tracker thing was showing no info. Then it all happened and was told about which flight my bag was arriving on. Hang in there, hope the boots arrive for you.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@balernoStu, the airlines might prefer you to pay for sport equipment but generally the security staff don't care. In extremis, put them on your feet.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
balernoStu wrote:
Ah, I hadn't seen the other post, thanks!

Yes I do hope they turn up tomorrow. I've had a bag lost once before and it arrived the next day, but on that occasion they were able to tell me instantly where it was and when it would arrive. This time it was a bit, "hmm, it was checked in ok, here's a code, we'll send it on when it arrives" but no info on their whereabouts.

This has got me thinking about boots and hand luggage, given the airlines don't like us taking boots as hand luggage. In this case the shell wasn't modified that much but the custom footbeds are the best I've had and the liner also took a bit of work. So I'd be less worried if I'd taken the liners in hand luggage and checked in just the shells.

I take my boots in hand luggage. Edinburgh to Geneva on easyJet. Edinburgh Ryanair to Oslo orp. Glasgow via LHR to Venice for SHBB and once via KLM glasgow to Amsterdam to Venice.

So a range of airports and carriers. Never a problem.

PS when are you next doing a clinic in Braehead?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same here always taken my boots as hand luggage both on BA and sleasy jet from mancs and london.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@balernoStu, I've lost bags so many times that I now have 2 sets of bags to keep me going until the lost bag turns up which it always has so I really would not worry. Hope it turns up soon as understand the boot issue.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
New money spinning opp for BASI the L4 packing kit module.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Dave of the Marmottes, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The missing bag arrived on a flight last night and I've just picked them up form the airport. The outside of the bag looks like it has been stuck in some part of the conveyer but boots inside are fine, just glad to have them back.

One of the baggage staff mentioned that Munich don't usually enter data in the worldtracer system, so they had no info.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@balernoStu, Fantastic news! Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Excellent news. Did they make you go to the airport to collect or did you choose to do it? Not too much of a journey for you but it would be a major PITA for me!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Gaza, they did offer to courier it but my youngest lad adores planes, and was excited about another trip to the airport, so we went for it by choice. Well, that and to avoid any risk of it going missing again in the courier's depot!

Now to check for that packing course Wink
snow report
I had a boot bag ripped in a conveyor at Munich once. Luckily it was a BA flight and they paid for the replacement of both the bag and the ski trousers that were also ripped inside. God know what those Bavarians do with our bags!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy