Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Indoor or Dry Slope recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone! Very Happy

I'm on my universities Snowsports committee and we're hoping to arrange a small weekend away during the next academic year as well as our current big annual visit to the Alps! We'd hope to have about 50-60 of us on the trip and it must be within Europe, can anybody give any insight on various dry slopes/ indoor slopes? Which would you recommend and which would you suggest staying away from? How much did it cost you?

What the slope has to offer is priority for now, we'll worry about apes ski later wink
Also if anyone knows any companies which might offer package deals for dry slopes trips please list them, all input is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which uni? If there is snow; a weekend in Scotland might be an easy one?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@scooby_simon,
I'd rather not say, we're based in the EU and will have the option to fly or take the boat.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are hotels next to the indoor slopes at Glasgow, Manchester and Castleford plus some fairly close to Milton Keynes.

There is a hotel as part of the complex at Landgraaf. Several hotels on the Amneville site.

When there was a race last year at the indoor slope at Peer there was an accommodation package organized at a nearby CenterParcs.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Midlothian Snowsports Centre (or Hillend as most of us older than 20 still call it) is the largest dry slope in Europe. There are two main slopes, nursery slopes and a freestyle jump slope. They also have tubing and depneding on the time of year, zorbing.

It is on the outskirts of Edinburgh so apres opportunities abound in Edinburgh.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Afterlight wrote:
@scooby_simon,
I'd rather not say, we're based in the EU and will have the option to fly or take the boat.

Go high in the mountains....L2a; 'Tux; Tignes; Saas Fee to name but a few....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had a weekend with our grandchildren who were skiing at the indoor slope at Hemel Hempstead. We stayed overnight in the local Travellodge - there are a choice of two Travellodges quite near the Snow Centre.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rjs wrote:
There are hotels next to the indoor slopes at Glasgow, Manchester and Castleford plus some fairly close to Milton Keynes...

There's a Holiday Inn Express next to the Tamworth indoor slope as well. Although Tamworth is the oldest of the UK indoor slopes, it consistently offers better value prices for recreational slope time based on my own experiences, and I've visited all (currently 6) of them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't go to MK at the moment . . . tres mauvaise neige!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
can anybody give any insight on various dry slopes/ indoor slopes? Which would you recommend and which would you suggest staying away from? How much did it cost you?
I'd rather not say - but it was in the EU and we got there by car Toofy Grin.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Afterlight wrote:
@scooby_simon,

Bit excessive getting a boat or flying to a dryslope or indoor slope but hey each to their own. NehNeh

If you are so insistent on doing this why not look at Dubai ? nice sized indoor slope beach after skiing and maybe as an alternative to après ski a bit of diving.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@speed098, is it wise to take 50-60 members of a Uni ski club to the middle east bearing in mind their strict policies on drinking, sexual activities and general frivolity? Madeye-Smiley

@Afterlight, my thoughts are that it would probably be as cheap to just go to Scotland (if you're in the UK) or a valley town in the alps, by the time all the costs are calculated. accommodation for 50-60 is always going to be a problem whatever you decide to do - especially with many resorts booking weeks only. (hence the valley town suggestion)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mountainaddict wrote:
I'd rather not say - but it was in the EU and we got there by car Toofy Grin.

Laughing Exactly what I thought, seems a bit of a bizarre question, surely people don't fly to another country to have a play on a dry ski slope?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SnoodyMcFlude, I know plenty of people who have gone to Landgraaf by plane then train.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rjs wrote:
SnoodyMcFlude, I know plenty of people who have gone to Landgraaf by plane then train.

Slightly different than going to a dry slope though...and surely got to be a pretty expensive option for a student? When I was at uni there was no way I had that kind of disposable income (or any income at all Wink)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy