Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI sued for £500 000

Poster: A snowHead
maggi wrote:
@billy not a boy, well, that sounds rather sensible. Are you sure you belong in this thread? Laughing

I think I might have strayed in by accident NehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
maggi wrote:
@billy not a boy, well, that sounds rather sensible. Are you sure you belong in this thread? Laughing
+1
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@billy not a boy, Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
billy not a boy wrote:
The discussion is over @SkiPresto just leave it, if you do not want to be involved with any discussion WRT the CEO then don't get involved, just stop changing the focus of the thread with your "abide by these rules" nonsense, anyone on here is free to discuss whatever they want, with whomever they want.

Just answering your question.
You asked this "The proper guidelines ... which guidelines are they? Which ones are the proper guidelines?"

These ones here:-
"BASI Social Media Guidelines for Members" Log in to http://www.basi.org.uk/content/policy--company-documents.aspx

I hope you took time to read it. You might learn something.
I repeat. Do not mention the CEO in your posts to me. Thanks.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 25-05-15 16:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SkiPresto,
Quote:

Do not mention the CEO in your posts to me.

Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SkiPresto wrote:

"BASI Social Media Guidelines for Members" Log in to http://www.basi.org.uk/content/policy--company-documents.aspx

I hope you took time to read it. You might learn something.
I repeat. Do not mention the CEO in your posts to me. Thanks.

There is nothing to learn at that link which will add ANYTHING to this thread. Tell it to the CEO.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SkiPresto, the current CEO was the Chairman of the BASI in the past.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SkiPresto the current CEO is responsible for implementing the strategy to be employed as dictated by the Board of Directors in response to the legal action raised by SB, one of the questions worthy of asking is whether or not he will do that. Another worthy question is whether or not the Board will actually get involved in this or if they will leave it all in the hands of the CEO.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
No sooner has one patronising poster disappeared than another pops up. rolling eyes

It's possible that some of the instructors who post on here have forgotten the marketing implications of doing just that. I doubt that I'm alone in choosing some of my instructors, and resolving not to spend my money and leisure time on others, on the basis of what and how they post on snowHeads.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You see @SkiPresto? It turns out that there is a point to discussing the CEO in relation to this thread.

So, if you do not want any association with discussions around the CEO, then perhaps your best bet would be to drop out of the discussion on this thread? Or maybe you have something else to say which is relevant to this matter which would steer focus away from the executive and the board of directors?

I'm not entirely sure how that would be possible, since that is whom the legal action appears to have been raised against.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@billy not a boy, please slow down, I'm finding it hard to keep up with your well-argued points.! wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hurtle wrote:
No sooner has one patronising poster disappeared than another pops up. rolling eyes

I guess the world is full of them; perhaps maybe even @SkiPresto was @TTT

Hurtle wrote:
It's possible that some of the instructors who post on here have forgotten the marketing implications of doing just that.

I don't mean to tar everyone with a dirty brush, but ... Embarassed I'd best not say it then!

Hurtle wrote:
I doubt that I'm alone in choosing some of my instructors, and resolving not to spend my money and leisure time on others, on the basis of what and how they post on snowHeads.

I strongly doubt it too.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle wrote:
@billy not a boy, please slow down, I'm finding it hard to keep up with your well-argued points.! wink

+1 (am I allowed to give you a point for that? it's almost like laughing at my own jokes!)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@billy not a boy,
Quote:

maybe even @SkiPresto was @TTT

Now there's a thought! Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Maybe a little off topic here, and I apologise in advance for said tangential discussion; but one cannot help but be impressed with @SkiPresto's tenacity with regards to his "free forum for BASI members". Though, much like TTT I can't quite fathom the reasoning and logic involved in said process; it seems that self contradiction is rife amongst such individuals ...

He espouses freedom of speech and yet commands
SkiPresto wrote:
I repeat. Do not mention the CEO in your posts to me.

He talks of a point that
SkiPresto wrote:
... BASI members do not have any place do have "open and free" conversations.

and yet wants to stop everyone from posting here on SH and in an open FB group, because
SkiPresto wrote:
It can't be done on the open-to-the-world- internet.

I'm not entirely sure how having access to SH and/or FB constitutes not hav[ing] any place to have "open and free" conversation, or how by signing up to another closed forum enables such. I can't quite work out the need to "quote" open and free in relation to BASI members' conversations either.

I read somewhere that his MyBASI would be moderated and people could be ejected, I think it might even be on the MyBASI site itself.

Is it just me or does this just sound like middle management drivel?

SkiPresto wrote:
We need to use the internet to create a virtual building within which we can organise into productive groups.

And what is this nonsense about?

SkiPresto wrote:
That's what the MyBASI project can do - provide a safe space for all of the members to have open discussions within the membership/ or on 'interested non-members" pages

I'm pretty sure that members and non-members have space for such discussions, again both here and on FB. It's really not much of a sales pitch, and I can understand why the initiative never took off TBH. But hey, there's no such fun as flogging a dead horse!
snow report
@billy not a boy, not just you wink
snow conditions
My god how threads develop and stray when you are absent for a week or so Shocked

@SkiPresto,

I think the "MyBASI" site is a dead end if members need to log in with their BASI credentials, brcause those who potentially may feel they could, should we say blacklisted for voicing out against BASI would not do so on your site.

Avenues such as Snowheads are the ones that offer full animosity for these people.

Now I know BASI members should not feel this way but unfortunately any organisation will have members who do feel this way and BASI's recent actions do them no favours in alleviating those worries.

Alex ( one of the Megave 6 ).

I probably do not know you but sorry to see you feel the way you do. Hopefully a peaceful and enjoyable summer away from skiing might make you reconsider, but if not all the best for the future, after over 13yrs working for SB you would not have been back after the first year maybe second unless you were excellent at the job so it is shame on snowsports for making you feel this way.
snow conditions
speed098 wrote:
Avenues such as Snowheads are the ones that offer full animosity for these people.

That's quite possibly the best predictive text fail I've seen! Laughing
ski holidays
laundryman wrote:
speed098 wrote:

How do you know it was a predictive text fail, it could have been intentional? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@laundryman, Laughing
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
laundryman wrote:
speed098 wrote:

How do you know it was a predictive text fail, it could have been intentional? Toofy Grin

Indeed, Mr Pink. In my experience of snowHeads (and please bear in mind that I've been dead for 132 years) that seems a reasonable summary of "these people" !

As for 'Body Snatcher Goldsmith' ... words fail me ... so I'll leave it to Wikipedia ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_snatching
ski holidays
Late night question: if BASI has been "sued for £500 000", does that include the 'expelled member's discount' ?
ski holidays
Quote:

Late night question: if BASI has been "sued for £500 000", does that include the 'expelled member's discount' ?

Very Happy Good question. Not sure either, if when a member is reinstated after expulsion, the 'lapsed member fee' is waived ? (about £30).
snow conditions
Quote:

laundryman wrote:
speed098 wrote:

That's quite possibly the best predictive text fail I've seen!

How do you know it was a predictive text fail, it could have been intentional?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy intentional and genius speed098! Try typing 'anonymity' , and see if you get 'animosity'? I don't. Good thought for the day. Laughing
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
@SkiPresto,
Quote:

Do not mention the CEO in your posts to me.

Puzzled

The reason for this is that the posting user was conflating in the same post replies on the CEO subject, with his / her replies to my postings.
I don't want my posts to be flagged up in search results that are triggered by another user's content.
There is a lot of what you might say is "dangerous talk" on this forum.
All very clever and witty, (obviously) but I want to make a clear separation between what I write and what others write.
D.C.
snow conditions
I wonder if neurosurgeons go on like this.
ski holidays
@SkiPresto,
Quote:

I want to make a clear separation between what I write and what others write.

Good luck with that! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
SkiPresto wrote:
I don't want my posts to be flagged up in search results that are triggered by another user's content.
All very clever and witty, (obviously) but I want to make a clear separation between what I write and what others write.
D.C.

Best not take part in the conversations then. Have a conversation by yourself, at least that way you won't encounter any opposing views
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SkiPresto wrote:

That has got to be the best yet. Whoops, I forgot to mention the CEO in my last post. Conflation abounds today too.

Don't ever forget that Big Brother is watching.
ski holidays
[intermission]
Another skiing law case, reported today by Aspen Daily News ...

Defendant involved in skier death lawsuit looks to shift the blame
http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/166853

... summarised on SKI.HUB ...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SKI.HUB/permalink/1635306113422821/

[/intermission (spam)]
ski holidays
David Goldsmith wrote:
[intermission]
Another skiing law case, reported today by Aspen Daily News ...

Defendant involved in skier death lawsuit looks to shift the blame
http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/166853

... needlessly regurgitated on SKI.HUB ...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SKI.HUB/permalink/1635306113422821/

[/intermission (spam)]

FIFY
snow report
@billy not a boy, I was having dangerous thoughts, is that akin to dangerous talk?

Room 101

Sad
ski holidays
Another tangential remark or two:

SkiPresto wrote:
I want to make a clear separation between what I write and what others write.

I'm curious about this statement. To what purpose I wonder is this clear separation intended.

I'm also curious about this BASI privacy issue which appears to rear its head in almost every post made by SkiPresto. I'm wondering why it is that the BASI deserves such privacy and yet fellow SnowHeads users do not.

A user who was previously anonymous, is now no longer so, and even a series of private messages with said user has been laid open to the internet, something which SkiPresto himself espouses against.

Hypocrisy it seems finds itself a bed fellow with that previously mentioned self contradiction, not so strange a bed fellow, one might observe.
snow conditions
Quote:

Don't ever forget that Big Brother is watching

blimey, is that still going? Wink

you have been evicted...
ski holidays
Hmm Lockerbie's daily to do list:

1 Wake up
2 Check general shitshow thread on snowheads
3 Blacklist members
4 Ring up Jean Claude ESF
5 Conspire
6 Cackle despotically
7 Get reassuring email from TTT that all is right with the SB case
snow report
@Billyboy
Now I think I know who you are !
You are not the boy, you're the hunky guy in the ad drawing the curtains at the end.

http://youtube.com/v/AOFEoqDGLL8
ski holidays
@SkiPresto, it would appear that Billy has been in training since I last saw him.......

Shocked
snow report
..archived..[/spoiler]

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 29-05-15 0:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
SkiPresto wrote:
@Billyboy
It means (are you sure you are as bright as you think? Confused ) It means that if someone is searching for posts by"billy_not_a_boy" containing "CEO" I don't want the returned set to include posts that mention me. (I don't want anyone to get the impression that I have anything to do with you, or agree with you on that subject).

I think you are very likely to be a dangerous influence.

I took you into my confidence in order to help develop MyBASI. We discussed it in Hintertux a year or so back, and you appeared to be a perfectly reasonable person then, face to face. Now look at you.

I have never met you @SkiPresto, and I sincerely hope that I never do; you strike me as a rather self righteous, pompous ass. Whether you are are not I have no idea, but your posts on here certainly allude to such a persuasion on your part.

You don't really understand what I wrote do you? I mentioned that I am curious as to the purpose of this separation which you seek -something which is unachievable, and obvious to a complete novice of the internet.

Why would you bother commenting an a thread which is clearly about the CEO and the Board and then want nothing to do with any comments which mention them, this strikes me as rather idiotic ... did I note that you don't appear to be as bright as you think.

You don't appear to agree with yourself, so why anyone would conclude that you agree with me or other commentators on here I cannot fathom; you certainly appear to be in your own little corner, detracting from the subject matter of this particular thread. That kind of behaviour exhibited on the internet in forums and chat rooms is commonly known as trolling.

Smile
snow conditions
@SkiPresto,
Quote:

I took you into my confidence in order to help develop MyBASI. We discussed it in Hintertux a year or so back, and you appeared to be a perfectly reasonable person then, face to face. Now look at you.

alas it would appear he has drawn the curtains upon you....

wink wink

BASI peeps we are all friends in the winter....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy