Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has Easyjet Liverpool or Manchester to Innsbruck been discontinued??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure Easyjet used to do a flight out of the Northwest to Innsbruck?

All I can see on their routeplanner is Bristol or London Gatwick to Innsbruck.

Does anyone know if this route been discontinued?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hedley, maybe just full on winter flights? But usually the routes there if it is at least available some of the time...

Checked the airport websites?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Think it's only a winter flight
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's deffo only a winter route.

I called the call centre this morning,they couldn't throw any light on it either. ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It operated up to 19th April. It doesn't appear to be on the Winter 15/16 schedule so it looks as though it's been axed.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It was from Liverpool to Innsbruck previously.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The last time I flew to Innsbruck we changed in Frankfurt. IIRC the price was very reasnoble and the wait in the airport was far less than a drive to the south coast
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flights from the North to Austria are very limited. A real shame.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Manchester to Innsbruck with Monarch is still running, there is also Birmingham to Salzburg with them too. Shame East Midlands doesn't seem to have any flights to Austria.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's winter only, and that's a real shame because it's a fantastic airport for summer trips to the Dolomites. I'm amazed it's not worth their while running it all year.

For summer trips to the area I tend to use Munich if I can't get an Innsbruck flight and then take the train. Trains are pretty quick and if you book in advance you can get very good deals (if you're going to Austria the oebb.at site seems to have better deals than the bahn.de site).
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@sah, mainly the other way round in my experience - the Länder Deals on Deutsche Bahn have saved me hundreds of Euros - you only need a start or finish point outside of Germany. I use the train now for longer journeys, 79 Euro to Vienna and back in the ICE trains was a superb deal. Trans-Alpine routes also pretty good as well. Sadly the fast trains to Prague are being upgraded so I'd have to travel by bus at the moment but the prices are amazing!

You need to look for the Spar-Karten on the DB site! wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sah wrote:
It's winter only, and that's a real shame because it's a fantastic airport for summer trips to the Dolomites. I'm amazed it's not worth their while running it all year.

For summer trips to the area I tend to use Munich if I can't get an Innsbruck flight and then take the train. Trains are pretty quick and if you book in advance you can get very good deals (if you're going to Austria the oebb.at site seems to have better deals than the bahn.de site).

You could also get a flight to Verona and then get the train/bus to the Dolomites. We've flown home from verona after a Dolomites trip before and it is a fast and straight forward journey. Also there is a cheap airport shuttle bus that you can catch from Verona station.

Shame you cant get a direct flight to Bolzano from the UK anymore. This would improve the transfer time to the Dolomites significantly

At least in the future the journey from Innsbruck to Italy via Brenner will be a lot quicker once they finish the new rail tunnel!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@jimmybog, Which airport do you have to change at to fly to Verona and on what airline? I am looking to go to the Dolomites this summer and the only sensible options appear to fly to Innsbruck changing at Frankfurt or direct to Venice with Monarch (which, sadly has a very early return departure time)

The only problem I see with the Innsbruck route is that you get stuck behind that bane of travelling in the Italian mountans - the very slow camper van.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy