Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Skis Ever!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This last year I've been skiing 3 times spending over £200 in ski Hire costs and since I intend to be skiing more and more over the coming years I recently decided to buy my own boots and ski's. I picked up a pair of Lange SX 100 boots which I love but I've yet to decide on a set of skis.

I'm looking for something that is a adept and comfortable piste ski, yet will allow some off piste/slack country skiing (trips to the US and Japan are potentially on the radar) if required. Perhaps 70/30 piste/off piste or maybe 60/40. I don't have a huge budget and I'm looking to take advantage of the end of season sales if possible.

I am a stocky build (rugby player shape), I think I'm 5ft 9 or 10 and currently about 15 stone (fat I know!), I'm 27 next week so still have the urge to hoon around and be irresponsible (not OTT NehNeh ). I often get bogged down on soft snow on or just off piste unless I go for a ski 175cm+ in length. I would say I can ski all but the hardest pistes/conditions in control and at speed, having fun but a complete newbie to offpiste. So Advanced on Piste - n00b off it.

Any suggestions on a ski that would possibly suit me? Budget up to £350 inc bindings but would prefer lower if poss.

TLDR: Fatty wants All Mountain Ski that won't cost an arm and a leg! NehNeh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I bought some Cham 98s including bindings this year for £385 from Ekosport. Great all mountain ski IMO.

Note in the cost of owning you will have to pay transport costs if you are flying and service costs unless you DIY.

GO
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Layne, I've driven and flown this year. Its partly money and partly wanting my own equipment, I understand the other costs involved. I went to Ischgl last year and the £110 ski and boot hire did sting a bit.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy