Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Access from Val D after May 3rd

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi fellow skiers,
Been offered a cheap apartment in VD from May 1st but I see that the slopes close on 3rd. Espace Killy remains open though. My question is can we still access Espace Killy/Tignes from VD lift system and ski back down or should we just stay in Tignes.
Hope you can help and thanks in advance.
Steve
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stevegee666: Once Val D closes, it's not possible to ski at all in the resort. All lifts/slopes/skiing are closed.

It's only the Tignes slopes and lifts that are open after 3rd May - NOT Espace Killy (which is the collective name for Tignes and Val D).

So the bad news is that - unless you have a car and drive round to Tignes - there's no point staying in VD after 3rd May.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, if you were desperate, there are bus links. How frequent out of season, I don't know. AFAIK from what residents have told me, there isn't much open at all in Val d'Isere between winter closure and summer opening. Why would there be, there are virtually no customers. Tourists gone, season workers gone, business owners have been working solidly since December and mostly taking a break. No I wouldn't do it either.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Stevegee666, There will be lots of cheap apartments in Tignes for the same dates.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think a pass bought in/via VD would not be valid for the lifts open in Tignes after 3rd May - the pass would have be bought in Tignes or via its web-site.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice guys, managed to change the trip to a few days earlier so only last day requiring a drive around to Tignes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy