Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Belle Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
@cameronphillips2000, Some would say the best bits of La Plagne are at Champagny snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We really loved Esprit in Belle Plagne a couple of years ago. We have not been to 3V with them, though, so cannot really compare.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@boardiac, have you seen their last minute deals for the 12th April?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I stopped getting emails, so I didn't realise you were all still here. All great advice.

@NickyJ, do they mean Sprite Advance will be available in Val in 2015/16? If so I'm on the phone tomorrow!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@henzerani, here it is:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=849766855069848&id=132752956771245

Though they haven't updated there website or responded to Gazza in challenging that yet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@henzerani, if you haven't can you vote tin say you want it extended into other resorts?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin wrote:
@cameronphillips2000, Some would say the best bits of La Plagne are at Champagny snowHead

Never been there when the run down is open
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ, I have voted and commented and shared. Damn, I'm good at this FB stuff (although my young colleagues tell me it's for, like, old people).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@henzerani, once we became parents we stopped being able to pretend we're young still.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NickyJ, I'm still a child inside my head.

I'm going to try and put this into practice tomorrow. If they'll confirm the classes, I think I'll book Val. The money I'll save can go towards the unauthorised absence tax. And despite all the discussion above, I think my favourite skiing is in Espace Killy. I know my way around, there's great on and off piste skiing and a really great swimming pool.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@henzerani, good luck! Be interesting to know how you get on.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As to the unauthorised absence tax: now that it has been around for a couple of years, what are people's experiences - are there still (enough) other kids for the (school age, say 7 year old) kids to have some friends to ski / play with? It's not going to be as good for the kids if they have no one to play with...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@boardiac, probably a topic of it's own. But last January was definitely quieter. Esprit in Courchevel were only half filling the dining room. But there were plenty of kids of all ages. It was good cos the slopes were quieter so the kids had fun.
This is the first year Hampshire are applying the tax and if this is the same in other counties then it'll possibly get quieter for a while. But it's like all foolish laws: most people will obey because that is what we're brought up to do. Then we'll starting listening to the people who are breaking it, see that it's not 'bad' to break it and start to break it ourselves.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So . . . I rang Esprit and asked about Sprite Advanced in Val d'Isere. And they are running the course. So I booked. Esprit tell me that once I've booked it they will run it, even if my daughter is the only one on it. So I'm changing the name of this thread to "not Belle Plagne".
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@henzerani, great news!
snow report
henzerani wrote:
So . . . I rang Esprit and asked about Sprite Advanced in Val d'Isere. And they are running the course. So I booked. Esprit tell me that once I've booked it they will run it, even if my daughter is the only one on it. So I'm changing the name of this thread to "not Belle Plagne".

Excellent news. We are sunning ourselves in Sharm El Sheikh this week but once I'm back in the UK I'll call to add the class to our booking. @henzerani - when are you going? I'm booked for 20/3/16.
ski holidays
@Gaza, we're going on the 24th January.
latest report
Just back from BP (skied 4th-11th April). First time in BP, but have been in Plagne 1800 before. It was perfect for us, family of 9 adults - all good skiers and 7 children from age 4 beginners to 14yr old experienced skiers. I'd highly recmommend it, the ski in/ski out was amazing. A bit of a snarl up in Bellecote in the mornings to get on lifts, but only 5 mins wait max. Don't ever try and take the Roche De Mio gondola, 30min queues, we took Blanchette up, shot down Quillis (sp?) and then took Carella which gets you to the same place with hardly any queuing. Snow was pretty sugary by end of the day down at the resort, but great elsewhere. Wouldn't have wanted to be there any later in the season though as the snow was going fast. Re busy pistes, we did meet a couple of bottlenecks, mostly groups from Ski school, but found they were easily avoided and plenty of times had almost the whole piste to ourselves.
snow report
@trmacc, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
I have to say, having been in BP the last two weekends, that it's a great place. We skied around the area and it does like like the nicer of the little resorts to stay in. Great ski area.
snow report
@trmacc, Agree, the RDM gondola always seems to have big queues , but there's always the 3 other lifts with about 10,000+ per hour combined capacity. We were there a few weeks ago and never had any wait for these lifts.
ski holidays
Know that the OP has changed their plan...but here's my two penneth. Stayed in Les Coches at the end of March, the second time I've been to La Plagne. The villages are mostly pretty ugly, but I don't go skiing to spend my day sliding around a town and the mountains have some stunning views and good varied pistes. The Mont Blanc/Pierres Blanches runs down to Monchavin are great fun for a beginner>intermediate like me. Appreciate that sometimes the gondola out of Bellecote can have a bit of a queue, but there was only once out of about 5 or 6 times that we queued for more than 5 minutes. There are also plenty of other ways that you can take a selection of pistes/lifts to get there. The link up to Les Arcs is nice too, only spent a day over there but the view from the top of Aiguille Rouge was breathtaking, far better than anything I saw during my week in 3V (although to be fair, the weather wasn't that great).
snow report
@SnoodyMcFlude, @trmacc, At Bellecote the trick is to keep your speed up ( as much as is safe of course ) then you can cruise along the ridge before it drops down to the gondola. If the queue looks long then just peel off and you still have enough momentum to get to Blanchets chair lift for the alternative route up there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy