Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lufthansa ski carriage-update.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I booked a DIY trip for the 11th of this month back in Feb flying with Lufthansa and wanted to share my experience.

From the infinite wisdom of other Snowheads I learnt that you'd have to call Lufthansa to get ski baggage added to a booking but there was some conflicting reports on the allowance/whether this included your checked bag allowance.

While I was writing this email I finally got through to them after being on hold for 20 mins! previous attempts I'd held for 15-20 mins-despite the computer voice stating a 3 min queue and given up. Moral of that story is be prepared to hold for a long time!

There seems to be a great deal of ambiguity surrounding Lufthansa and ski carriage so here is my anecdotal experience.

I can take one ski bag per person SEPARATE to hold allowance free of charge.

Each bag shouldn't exceed 15KG but I can take one if I can fit it all in which shouldn't exceed 23 KG in total.

I'll just be sticking to one bag if I can as I have a double bag.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I waited about a minute.

And 1 ski bag, means 1 ski bag + 1 boot bag + 1 helmet bag as a package or single item

I have a boot+helmet bag, which they were happy with.

PS at the airport, don't say you have 3 items to check in... say you have 1 luggage and 1 ski bag to check in. if you say you have 3 bags to check in, they instantly think "oh that's more than the allowed 2, so there must be a charge", and reach for the folder.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've never had to wait on hold for Lufthansa.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
flying to Innsbruck on the 11th with Lufthansa so will find out how it goes re carriage. Getting through on phone was minutes and very helpful.
so far... can't complain Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I must have the economy class number then......

The girl was very helpful when I did get through.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bene wrote:
I must have the economy class number then......

The girl was very helpful when I did get through.

erm you don't get more economy than what I pay Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have used Lufthansa many many times to go skiing with and always take my skis. I usually manage a suitcase and a ski bag with clothes in it as well as skis and a backpack as hand luggage and sometimes a separate boot bag but it's a faff to carry more than 3 bags. Sometimes when you phone they ask the weight and length of ski bag but as long as its no more that's 23kg, same for suitcase it should be fine, I always ask for an email confirmation confirming special baggage as sometimes when you get to airport, especially Geneva, they may say you need to pay extra but as long as you have proof that it was confirmed it will be fine. I have had to wait on hold for about 5 mins but normally less than one minute. And for future reference Swiss have the same rules as they are the same company
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy