Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looks like another great year for Easter snow conditions

Poster: A snowHead
These weather fronts are looking to dump close to half a metre of fresh snow over the next few days! Should be plenty of powder about next week.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If only I had another trip booked Sad
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For the last 6 years or so, the best conditions I have skied in have been April.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're leaving for Chamrousse tomorrow, have been monitoring the weather conditions and webcams, it snowed last night and looks good but am really hoping the predicted dumps for Friday and Saturday also come true! After that I'm happy to have a week of warm pleasant sun and comfortable skiing conditions Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Close too? We've alread topped half a metre wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Fantastic here in Seefeld. I'm going to hire something a lot fatter tomorrow. What are Stormriders like?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looking tremendous for the weekend at Glencoe too. Pity I'm away so hope it stays around for next week.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
musher wrote:
Fantastic here in Seefeld. I'm going to hire something a lot fatter tomorrow. What are Stormriders like?

Stöckli? Usually stiff and not that fat. Probably awesome when you have room to open it up, but certainly not what I'd pick for skiing deep snow in the trees, which is what the next few days will consist of.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@clarky999,
They look like one of the two fatter options in Sailer Sports - them or BBRs Shocked Still a lot wider than my world cup rebels. Better ask if they've got anything else out the back Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
looks like over a metre in the arlberg and more to come all week! Setting off on Sunday!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It is CHUFFING FREEZING here and has been snowing on an off even where we are down t`valley all day.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Heading down this weekend. Doesn't look as warm as I expected, but am delighted with the top ups it's been getting. What has been the rain/snow limit altitude in the Tarenteise this week ?

Am now debating weather to leave the spring wax that I was going to apply tonight, and stick with universal.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@JimboS, I like your optimism, but it does rather depend where you are.
And which weather sites you are looking at. And when you are looking. Amount of predicted snow, and temperatures, are wizzing all over the place, almost from hour to hour.
Certainly not 50cm predicted for anywhere here in Tarentaise. And wind had been a problem for some resorts such as Tignes.
Even so, Easter in Paradiski, as usual, should be good for piste skiers.
Off-piste is "interesting": recent significant wet snow froze solid last night, then covered with 2-5cm layer of soft stuff. Where it was skied before freeze makes for a very bumpy ride.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think the prospects for next week round the northern French alps look terrific - cool temperatures and bright skies. Couldn't be better, really, and most people would go for that rather than high winds and terrible vis.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sounds like a good set up for spring snow there jonpim...
latest report
Just back from Solden - loads of snow but winds kept a lot shut but once it is opened up again, conditions will be awesome!
snow report
In Hinterglemm at the moment. Been snowing since last night probably only 15cm down in the village but probably the same will fall over night. Unfortunately any lift above mid station has been closed due to wind. Looks like the same could happen tomorrow if the forecasts are accurate. Friday should be great though - but sadly we go home on Saturday.

More snow is forecast for the next 6 days just with lighter winds than we currently have.
ski holidays
Les Deux Alpes is great at the moment. Far better than last year . Lower slopes not great but up higher the skiing has been fab, Bluebird day today Very Happy
ski holidays
"Great year for Easter snow conditions"........think about us poor folk off to the Southern French Alps!! We're headed to La Joue du Loup on Saturday where it's snowed (properly) just once in the past 6 weeks!! We'll be surviving off the "relatively" big dumps they received back in Feb so let's hope they've recycled them nicely!! Anyway I've been off the booze for lent and can feel a thirst coming on, so perhaps I should worry more about the state of me next week rather than that of the snow. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
@Jonpim, Well we are heading to da Hoff on Saturday, we were keeping our fingers crossed that the conditions would be as great as last Easter, looks like we will not be disappointed.
snow report
Can back up Ray Zorro comment. In Obergurgl, Austria. Loads of snow but some very frustrated skiers about. Upper lifts have been shut for two days because of high winds.
snow report
Masses of snow over last 36 hours here in Ischgl - and still snowing. Very few lifts open since Tuesday, due to storm winds. Runs to the valley are open, but visibility poor; no chance of links to Samnaun. Weather is set to improve over the weekend, so next week should be fantastic.
snow conditions
can only hope st anton is rather good come the 11th april. off myself for the week. haven't been to SA but was at Ischgl in Feb which was one of the best resorts been to. Low french count helps Smile
latest report
mugen wrote:
can only hope st anton is rather good come the 11th april. off myself for the week. haven't been to SA but was at Ischgl in Feb which was one of the best resorts been to. Low french count helps Smile

We are going there on the 12th, By the looks of the forecast i think it will be fantastic! It is dumping snow at the moment with heavy snow forecast for next 3 day - forecast cold and light snow for next 3-6 then warming up for 6-9 days which sounds like we should be getting lovely sunny days with a fantastic base of snow.

Very Happy
snow conditions
NickyJ wrote:
mugen wrote:

We are going there on the 12th, By the looks of the forecast i think it will be fantastic! It is dumping snow at the moment with heavy snow forecast for next 3 day - forecast cold and light snow for next 3-6 then warming up for 6-9 days which sounds like we should be getting lovely sunny days with a fantastic base of snow.

Very Happy

yup have visions of me sitting on veranda of cheap landhaus having a beer in the sunny evening.. or possibly morning for that matter haha
latest report
Am in Austria and have never seen so much snow in my life or been so cold in my life! Still having a good time though. Hope sun shines for you! Bring snow/walking boots and scarf for your face - just in case😁
latest report
Absolute gridlock around the Schladming/A10 interchange at Altenmarkt as a lorry travelling along the Ennstal road has jackknifed near Radstadt and blocked the entire Bundestrasse. Plus heavy snow has made the roads treacherous for cars too, many tourists having changed on to or simply risking summer tyres due to the warm dry weather we have been having. The snow plough has been past my hotel at least twice in the past 2 hours and you still can't see the road surface for snow! snowHead snowHead
snow report
Hope the roads are OK for the drive from Salzburg to the Hoff tomorrow. Looks like there will be even more powder than last Easter.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@JimboS, all the roads are currently clear and relatively dry (other than some melted snow that is).

Just be careful of the idiots on the roads, big accident between Übersee and Bernau along the southern side of Chiemsee closed the A8 completely today in both directions. The initial accident was caused by a prat in a Porsche going too fast and somersaulting across the lanes but got away with light injuries. The subsequent accidents and sadly the death of one lady (approx 27 year old local lady), was caused by idiots screaming along to fast and hitting the end of the traffic jam. The motorway was closed in both directions for a while while the helicopters ferried the injured to hospital. Sad
snow conditions
Snowing heavily in Meribel centre at the moment. Roads seem clear.
Snow conditions have been good all week up high especially in Val T but wind and avalanche risk of 4 has kept some lifts closed until late morning.
Have fun if you are skiing this week in the forecast sun.
snow conditions
Overnight snow here in Chamrousse, and still coming down. It was looking a bit threadbare, this is exactly what was needed! Would write more but we are off to ski wink
ski holidays
Good snowline now above Morzine, about 1400mts. Must be lots of fresh snow up in Avoriaz.
Just off to test the snow tyres again with an Avoriaz-Geneva trip.
snow report
Snowing all day in Radstadt/Altenmarkt in Salzburgerland, with the snowline at around 600m (way too low I know, but what the hell! wink )

Fabulous snow but seriously horrible vis at Forstau/Fageralm where I was watching and photographing Ms flangesax Junior racing for the Radstadt ski club. A credible 3rd place earned in her age group which was not bad considering the winner and second place were kitted out with the whole Ski World Cup race suits, races skis, etc. Ms Junior was on her rentals and in her ski club anorak and salopettes!

More snow forecast overnight with it slowly clearing during tomorrow morning, so lots of new fluffy stuff to play in Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Well, i'm finally leaving Lovely La Plagne tomorrow after a great season, but the resort is definitely in better condition now than when i returned March 13th, and probably as good as any time this season, as long as you are above 1800.
Woke up this morning to 5cm on the balcony rail, and its been snowing on-and-off all day - snowing quite hard just now here at 1800.
Anyone here next week is going to have a super time.
snow conditions
I am new to this site.I have a camper van and looking to go to Tignes or wherever should still have good snow around the 18th April but need a camp sites or a safe place to park.with toilets.Advice really appreciated.We have a good diesel heater fitted.
ski holidays
I've been tempted into an extra few days in Fiss next week - conditions look superb after this week's snow-a-thon Madeye-Smiley
latest report
There is a thick layer of clouds over Alps that keep dumping snow but the sun behind these clouds is really hot. People who booked for Easter got it spot on as next 2-3 days are going to be some of the best of the season.
ski holidays
Quote:
I'm going to hire something a lot fatter tomorrow
Oh ayemusherArf arf!!....And was Clarky's advice particularly perceptive ie
Quote:
Usually stiff and not that fat
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@mountainaddict,
I stuck with the skinny ones and had great fun in the deep stuff wink
snow report
Been riding powder all day in da Hoff, heavy snow overnight and all morning, sun came out in the afternoon, perfect, and then got out on the balcony in the early evening sun with beers.
Update, another blizard is just blowing through.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy