Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mid April Skiing Recommendations pls - France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are already looking at booking our Easter break for 2016 but our school is having a late spring break so we would be leaving here 20th April 2016. This seems quite late on in the season to me but I am led to believe that there is snow to be found at this time of year.

Does anyone have any recommendations? We would be willing to go anywhere in France so that isn't a problem - just want to make sure we pick the right resort or area.

Any advice greatly welcome and thanks for taking the time to read. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@holyjasper, you are restricted a little by what's actually open.

Immediately coming to mind, Chamonix, Espace Killy. Val Thorens. I'm not sure that much else will actually still be running. And you can expect very springlike conditions!!

Why only France?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

Good point - I suppose you just stick with what you know and flights from Liverpool to Geneva are so easy.

Where else were you thinking as I don't suppose we have to go to France?

Thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll be back out to Val Thorens last week of April to lock up our apartment. We go there end april/beginning off may most years and the snow is often the best of the season about then. It has usually built up and in the morning conditions are great with lots of light and warmth.

It doesn't usually get slushy below 2400m and then only on south facing slopes in bright sunshine.

I think the snow heads end of season bash is usually there that week every year.

The other advantage is that the slopes are empty in April. Even though the conditions are great it is like a switch has been thrown and people's minds turn to summer.

tbh I was there last June for some renovation work and you could still have skied down some of the higher pistes if you could have been bothered to hike up there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@holyjasper, Verbier, Saas-Fee, I think Zermatt all stay open quite late...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tignes is getting snow at the moment, and Espace Killy opens into May.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112438&start=840
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holyjasper, Kenzie has covered it for Tignes - but be prepared to hire a car at GVA or book a private transfer - the buses will have finished by then
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Data on all your options here:

http://www.bergfex.com/frankreich/schneewerte/
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm off to VT on the 15th April. The problem isn't the snow. It's the transfer and Lift opening. We've had to hire a car and rent an apartment between 5 to make it cost effective....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Val Tho - 120+ snowHeads can't be wrong (well they can, but in a good way Wink )
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ryanfitz1981,
What's wrong with the lift openings?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saas Fee as mentioned above is another good option "if" open by then, doesn't normally go into May like Val Thorens. Totally snow, has 4m up top on the glacier at the moment. Train from Geneva and post bus up makes for an easy transfer too not reliant in transfer buses etc. and uts a lovely place.

Would thoroughly recommend late season (as well as Val T) but check opening dates, though if Easter is late suspect they will still be open that week.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
And you can expect very springlike conditions!!
Yes, low down - but at high altitude you can expect winter conditions/packed powder - and fresh powder if there is precipitation. We've skied powder in Espace Killy (ie Tignes/Val D'Isere) fairly regularly in the seven years that we have skied there in late April/early May wink .

Or from the north west you could fly Manchester to Munich with easyjet and pick from resorts such as Soelden, St Anton, Ischgl, Lech, Zuers or Warth - all with high ski areas and reliable late season snow. And accommodation/food/drink all a fair bit cheaper than France if cost effectiveness is what you are after.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy