Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last week in April break - Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are looking at getting in one final ski week before end of season - so the last week of April.

I know this is a loaded question but is there "normally" enough snow to at least get some skiing in, in Tignes?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lauralime wrote:
I know this is a loaded question but is there "normally" enough snow to at least get some skiing in, in Tignes?

Normally loads of snow & the majority of lifts open.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As above - just watch the transport details - there are very few buses left running from the airports - so it will be a self drive from UK, hire car or private transfer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great - thanks

are all the links usually open to Val too? So aeroski & tommeuses?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yip - Val planning to shut 3 May -Tigns on the 10th - with all the new snow today and this week shouldn't be a snag (now I've said it!!). Just watch out for crazy telemarkers 1-3 May - its 'Blackshoes' time again. Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
but is there "normally" enough snow to at least get some skiing in, in Tignes?
We've skied last week in April/Mayday weekend in Espace Killy every year since 2008. Never been disappointed. For example, here's early May 2014 Very Happy - which was typical of our previous late season visits - ie winter snow at altitude and nice soft/spring snow lower down:

Meanwhile, at 1800m - still perfectly skiable to Tignes Les Boisses Smile - runs to La Daille/Val D will typically be like this too. Good fun:

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went a few years ago at that time, and feared the worst when driving through Bourg St Maurice it was 27 degrees C.

But my fears were unfounded. Around 95% of the whole Espace Killy was open, and while it was a bit boiler plate first thing, and a bit slushy in some places towards the end of the day, there was a sweet spot of 4-5 hours when it was great.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brilliant - thanks everyone snowHead
I think we'll pick Tignes as a preference if we can get somewhere Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just booked!!!! SO EXCITED!!!! Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Just booked!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!
You'll love it lauralime!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy