Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best area to ski in Val d'sere with all this snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have never seen this much so late and at a loss as to best area to ski for advanced intermediate. Any suggestions appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ELLENESK wrote:
Have never seen this much so late

Seriously? It's only the end of March and the snow is far from exceptionally good. There's an awful lot of threads here on Val d'Isere if you search. I was there a couple of weeks ago and the first few days found better visibility in the trees while the spring conditions of the end of the week were best served by being in the right place for the best snow at the time of day given the freeze/thaw cycle. So it was all about the weather. I'll give a couple of specifics although maybe they are now out of date. Signal in the Fornet area, which I've done before, had huge moguls not visible from the base of the lift and too hard for my idea of fun. I was warned "Arcelle", normally one of my favourites in the EK, was sheet ice in the bottom couple of hundred metres.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You need to be more specific? Are you just talking about today? In which case and if the visibility is not great then I would stick to La Daille. You just need to be patient and wait for the pisteurs / avalanche control teams to do what they have to do first. Everybody will be out en masse for fresh tracks. Sounds like the fresh snow is pretty wet lower down so don't be fooled by the top layer if the base is sheet ice as @dogwatch suggests.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Seriously? It's only the end of March and the snow is far from exceptionally good.

It has snowed as much as 1m in the last 48 hours.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's nice however the post in question was 48 hours ago.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La daile was great in the mornings 2 weeks ago
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy