Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks to some brilliant advice on here I have booked for my family and I a weeks skiing for Half Term 2016 in Corvara.
I have been offered a really good deal on a holiday at the Sporthotel Strauss in Mayrhofen for a couple of weeks earlier.
The hotel looks really good (spa for the wifey) but I know nothing about the ski area.
My twin daughters and I are "Red Run" confident intermediates and my wife is a two week timid beginner.
What are your thoughts on the ski area in terms of my family and I.
I am not looking for any comparisons to Corvara just simply your thoughts on Mayrhofen.

Best regards,
DJ
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
watch out for Fasching week 4-10th Feb. That will be very rowdy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
23th Jan to the 30th so that should be OK.
Any thoughts on the ski area??
Kind regards.
DJ
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good ski area and that's a great week to go.

Snap up the deal Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My advice would be to go and to take full advantage of the other areas available on the Zillertal pass (buses and trains included in lift pass price). Lots of great skiing to be had.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Drunkenjoiner, firstly, the hotel is fab. We've stayed there twice and I'm very fussy! Laughing It's also next to the main gondola so you can get there early and miss the queues. (Only at gondola first thing, not suggesting you'll find queues everywhere - you won't.)

As for the ski area, as swiftoid says, there is some great skiing to be had, it's an intermediates paradise. Presumably your wife will be in ski school but we didn't use one. I guess someone can recommend a good school if you need any information.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@maggi, Thanks.
My brother has been to Mayrhofen for the last three years on summer holidays and though he has not stayed at this particular hotel he has been in and says it looks really good.
"Yes" my wife will be doing ski school. For her (apart from the spa) ski school is the best part of the holiday as she gets to meet loads of lovely people.
I like to meet loads of new people on holiday too, but I'm generally leant against the bar while doing this.

Anymore advice fellow Snow Heads?

Regards
DJ
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Definitely have a day out at Kaltenbach - it's a lovely area and great for intermediates. Zell is lovely too but the pistes are steeper and mostly reds, so might not suit your wife. Gerlos is a longer drive and not that exciting an area, although getting the bus to Zell then skiing over to Gerlos and getting the bus back from there would be a fun day out.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would agree with all of the above. Great hotel, good spot next to the Penkenbahn. The new one will be complete by then and so much better uplift capacity at peak times. If you are comfortable on reds then it is also worth a trip to Hintertux.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy