Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Admin deleting posts for no apparent reason?

Poster: A snowHead
@admin, brilliant job! I've had to squint very hard to read the picture in your post where our friend forgot which account he was signed in to, but the entertainment value was worth it. Laughing

On a more serious note, I love the forum, use it all the time and even made it to the Oktobertest. But I've never said thanks for all the time and effort you put in to make Snowheads what it is, including wasting time chasing off spammers, and this has prompted me to do so. So a huge thanks to everyone who makes SH so good. Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Isn't saying 'dodgy' snowboarder' a bit like saying 'quick' ferrari or 'lying' politician' or 'cute' kitten?

Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice to see the "leather winged demons from hell" released to keep sH as we (and more importantly Admin) like it.
Next step: release Tarquin The Enforcer!!!!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@cameronphillips2000, Don't start tight-pants. For reference there are plenty of other perfectly reputable freestyle snowboard camps out there - recommendations on request.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy wrote:
pwned?

Yep (I believe "pwned" is the internet term for what has happened)

Or as I'd put it:
caught red-handed
chewed up and spat out
shot down in flames

etc

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@JohnSnowboarder, welcome to snowheads............oh, bye.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 24-03-15 12:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dot. wrote:
@JohnSnowboarder, welcome tp snowheads............oh, bye.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sj1608 wrote:
@admin, brilliant job! I've had to squint very hard to read the picture in your post where our friend forgot which account he was signed in to, but the entertainment value was worth it. Laughing

here

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ouch. Busted.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof wrote:
sj1608 wrote:

here

Pure brilliance, and that is why Admin and other mods are here doing a great job.

A company that needs to falsify its own reviews suggests only one thing!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PaulC1984, They are sooooo good they just have to tell everyone??? wink Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Scarpa, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ooooh a peek behind the velvet curtain! Note the Red M of power, plus an IP button... this is powerful kung-fu indeed. I'll only access SH via TOR from now on.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've split the Karl Marx thread drift into its own thread - here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=118309&highlight=
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've been on a few forums with other sports and, to be fair, this one is remarkably tosser free. I guess this is testament to how well it's set up and run.
latest report
I've been on a few forums with other sports and, to be fair, this one is remarkably tosser free. I guess this is testament to how well it's set up and run.
latest report
@Ray Zorro, thanks
snow report
A conversation (not deleted) between "Graham McGraham" [who FB-spammed me the other day with an offer of the EoSB] and Nexus Snow Camps can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/snowHeads/activity/10153189036451369
snow conditions
And a slice of vintage spam (2004) !

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153166964285761&set=p.10153166964285761&type=1&theater

Source: http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/snowtalk/discussion.aspx/Skiing-And-Snowboarding-general?discussionID=6522#.VRFeB1Ugiiw
snow report
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
I've been on a few forums with other sports and, to be fair, this one is remarkably tosser free.

Gets a bit repetitive though. wink wink
snow report
This has made my day at work go a lot easier wink
snow conditions
T Bar wrote:
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
I've been on a few forums with other sports and, to be fair, this one is remarkably tosser free.

no? sorry, was up late last night

Sad
ski holidays
Hah excellent( said in Mr Burns voice). I too have had run ins with the offenders and from their continued spamming I'd suggest that they are a) not very bright or b) sociopaths who just don't care about accepted etiquette or possibly both. They also never answered my question on whether they ate bonded.
latest report
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
They also never answered my question on whether they ate bonded.

Well, asking about their eating habits is a bit personal..... wink
snow report
Quote:

accepted etiquette

Sadly netiquette properly went out of the window about the time that Demon Internet and Compuserve opened up the 'net to the riff-raff.

If anyone goes on a mass "come on my trip" posting spree, all it suggests to me is they can't get enough people for the rooms that they've contracted, and are desperate. That may not be the case, but it's the way it looks (even if it might actually be genuinely useful information to someone).
snow conditions
Gold Dust! Laughing
snow report
admin wrote:

For someone with no connection to the company, you have a surprising degree of access to their login.
And aye, you're quick on the delete key... but not quick enough pal!
Not that we needed any more proof, behind the scenes, of your subterfuge, you understand, but thank you very much for sharing it voluntarily with the general public Wink

I think we can all safely accept that Dodgy Snowboarding Spammers have been pretending to be their own customer in order to 'spoof' a recommendation which is very very stupid (and fraudulent).

In light of:
1) their spamming the forum
2) their failing to accept guidance wrt how to behave responsibly
3) their fraudulent spoofing of a 3rd party recommendation
4) their subsequent abusiveness

I am declaring Dodgy Snowboarding Spammers barred from using snowHeads.
3rd party recommendations for them will also be removed since, clearly they cannot be trusted.

Can't really say much more but LOL, lots of LOL.
snow conditions
What a giant bellend
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timberwolf wrote:
What a giant bellend

Polite compared with my thoughts.
snow report
Quote:

What a giant bellend

Laughing
snow report
Seems like I always miss the good stuff.

A great example of why we should chuck some dosh admin's way wink Laughing . Every little helps Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Ha, priceless. I was almost on snowboardy dude's side until that picture, very amusing.
latest report
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I cant find the emoticon for 'Splitting my sides laughing'

What an absolute muppet Toofy Grin
snow report
He should also have his posts deleted for using the word 'shred' in polite company! Very Happy
snow report
The sad thing is that this thread is so entertaining, I've gone and looked at their website. Sadder still, I Googled Henry Druce.
ski holidays
Heres the weird thing - they know how to do forums reasonably - they're on SCUK no problems. Yes they are clearly a corp vendor, but they obviously talk with The Management as they offer a discount to members, they don't just punt their own courses all the time and they engage with the membership on other topics...
ski holidays
Hello all,

I am getting in touch to firstly apologise about the posts regarding Nexus, what happened was in no way acceptable.

JohnSnowboarder was a friend close to me and had some connections to my company. The behaviour was totally unacceptable and I can promise you there will be consequences for this. It should never have happened, and (even though admin and I haven't seen eye to eye on previous posts by myself) I do not agree one tiny bit with what happened. It was rude and damn right disrespectful. It is not what Nexus is about.

This is in no way shape or form a true reflection on my company at all. I am sure you don't really care, but I have worked so hard to get Nexus off the ground and to make it an amazing company for our customers and I would hate for something like this to ruin all the hard work. The person who did this is not an owner and is no longer going to have ANY involvement with the company.

I am extremely embarrassed, angry and disappointed that somebody could act so stupidly and risk jeopardising something I have put my all into.

Again, I am very sorry for the comments from this individual.

Lottie
latest report
@LOTSKI, Welcome to snowHeads. Excellent post. Matter closed in my view...... sadly that counts for feck all wink snowHead
ski holidays
@Frosty the Snowman, Thank you, appreciate your reply.
ski holidays
@LOTSKI, oh dear, who needs enemies...? Anyway, thanks for posting and welcome to snowHeads.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy