Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Admin deleting posts for no apparent reason?

Poster: A snowHead
New to the forum, involved in a couple of others but liked the idea of snowheads as they seem to have the most interaction.

HOWEVER, it seems posts get deleted - normal, informative posts which are not being rude or harming anyone.

Surely the whole point in a forum is to speak freely with others like you... No emails from admin telling me anything, just deleted my posts after I recommended a company I booked through. Good job I work in snow sports media, certainly know which forums I shall be recommending and which ones I shall be telling everyone to stay clear of as they filter things THEY don't like, not what US (the people of this forum) don't like.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
100% of my posts have been deleted - this includes the one asking why they have been deleted. Strange.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@JohnSnowboarder, your posts were made, and deleted, just minutes ago.
In fact, you have only been registered for 20 minutes.
You have had no PM because I've been too busy deleting your posts rolling eyes

It's clear you are spamming on behalf of a company that has already been warned about their behaviour here.
I don't know if you're a real customer of theirs or not but at the very least you have clearly registered at their request for the specific purpose of promoting their product which is not on. At worst, you're an employee pretending to be a customer and that's illegal.

So you're in the meeja darling? Woop di doo! Frankly, I don't care whether your a paper-boy or Henry Druce, write what you like, wherever you like but you can stop spamming on behalf of your mates now.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 23-03-15 19:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excuse me, who are you to accuse me of spamming. I am new to the forum yes! But I have been a part of other forums for many years. Unfortunately they have been very quiet. I am looking to be able to talk to like minded people and meet up for a shred with others. The thread I clicked on first (which may I add was at the top of the list) had a comment (2 at the time) from Dodgy Snowboarding Spammers, who may I add are a bloody good company. I can talk from experience as I went on my first trip this year with them. I was simply telling the person interested in going away that I have been away and am going away again with them end of April.

Once I had posted I noticed my post and the one from nexus had been deleted straight away, having read the thread I found that rather strange as nexus were the ones who asked whether the person was able to go away in april, the person responded yes and YOU deleted the response from nexus to that person and instead told them to go away with you. They were just responding to someone who is INTERESTED in what they are offering, who are you to deny that person the information?

I was also responding to the person who is looking to go away, giving my opinion and letting them know what a great time I had.

It seems as though this is a very one sided forum, you are deleted posts that you dont like, not posts that are offending, SPAMMING or annoying other people. You have completely defeated the point of having a forum.

I am all for warning spammers, it clutters a forum, but the thread I commented on had no spam, and I am certainly not a spammer. So don't go and make silly assumptions like that!!!!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Am I now allowed to reply to a thread, giving MY advice on a holiday I have recently been on or are you going to restrict everything and anything YOU don't like hahaha
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
JohnSnowboarder wrote:
Good job I work in snow sports media, certainly know which forums I shall be recommending and which ones I shall be telling everyone to stay clear of as they filter things THEY don't like, not what US (the people of this forum) don't like.

Well as a long standing member of this forum I know what I don't like, and that is spam. And knowing admin for many years I am more than happy to trust in his ( and the other moderators') judgement as to what posts are spam. So sorry to disappoint you, but I won't be following your recommendations on which forums to visit and which to avoid, snowHeads suits me just fine thank you. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And just to clarify, they are not friends. I met Wes and Lottie @ Dodgy Snowboarding Spammers for the first time this season. I was blown away by the amazing trips they run and therefore wanted to share that with others who could be potentially interested.... Sorry, can you not say any other trips are great other than ones run by yourself??

Call yourself an admin, all I am seeing is some rude little Be Nice please! sitting behind a pc being disrespectful. Get some friends, get out. You may not be so bitter towards everyone then Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@JohnSnowboarder, I really think you are out of order on this one. Play the ball not the man. You are the one being disrespectful here. If you had any ounce of respext you would have discussed this by PM and not publicly.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alistair, you must understand my frustration. I literally commented on the first post - somebody is looking to go away, nexus commented saying they were running a trip, I commented saying great, I went away with them and am going away on the same trip this person was interested in. Posted it, was being helpful... next minute my post and the one from nexus had been deleted. You cannot call that spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hells Bells - Again ^^^^^ the whole point in a forum is to bring people together to discuss their passion, arrange trips, whatever ..... Why should my posts be deleted just because admin clearly has something against a company or because i was not telling the person to go on a snowheads trip. It is just stupid. I was simply giving great advice.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Correct me if i am wrong, but responding to somebody who wants to go on a trip saying great, i went away with x company and am on the same trip x company has just mentioned to you... is not spamming. It would have been great to meet someone else from the forum on the trip.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@admin, So admin, may I comment on threads or are you going to restrict everything. Is it not ok for me to recommend companies I have booked through? I think this should be a fair forum...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@JohnSnowboarder, in less than an hour that you have been a snowHead you have:
1) been highly offensive
2) been caught out lying
3) given us proof that you are closer to the company you are promoting than you claim.

What you have done today, is fraudulent behaviour and looks really bad on the company you are trying to promote.
If I was you, I'd apologise and stop now.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 23-03-15 20:03; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@JohnSnowboarder, I would think, by now, most are begging you to list all the companies you travel with so they can be avoided on the off chance you are there. What a kerfuffle.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@admin,
What I have done today is NOT fraudulent behaviour thank you very much. In fact it is not even slightly. I don't even know how you have managed to pluck that one out of the air.

I am not trying to promote a company, I simply responded to a post mentioning a company I went away with.

May I ask how I have been caught lying and how have I given you proof I am closer to the company than I claim.

Never in my life have I had an admin of a forum make such a stupid accusation. I have been away with several companies over the last 8 years, does that mean I am close and working for them too? Pftt this is some crazy stuff!!!!!!!
snow conditions
Pass the popcorn. Meanwhile, +1 to @Alastair Pink
ski holidays
@JohnSnowboarder,

The problem is your attitude here does you no favours.

Many on here have known admin for many years meet up regularly so will trust his judgement on matters to do with this forum. Others like me are pretty new I have spoken to admin only a few times and met him once, yet even so he strikes me as someone who does not make decisions to delete posts lightly or to make wild accusations against members on here.

Many company's plug their services on this site, there are many company's who's staff post on here giving advice and help to anyone who needs it. They have no problems doing so, why is it this company are having problems on one of the most open and relaxed forums I have ever been a member of?

If you are not associated with the company I would suggest an apology on here to admin re your comments and request to be able to speak to him via PM. If this does not resolve the problem then maybe this type of forum is not for you. If you do sort this out and remain I think you will find this to be one of the best forums on the internet. If you want to meet likeminded skiers/snowboarders you will not find a better site.
snow conditions
I've seen some heated spam arguments, but this one really takes the burger

ski holidays
Was this the "Fitted Kitchens in Bradford" stuff again? rolling eyes
latest report
@speed098,
Quote:

someone who does not make decisions to delete posts lightly
I'm sure that's correct.
ski holidays
Some of us wish Admin would delete more posts, he can start with some of mine Happy
ski holidays
@Karl Marx, +1
Me thinks the lad(ette) doth protest too much Laughing
snow conditions
Ahhh, tolerance clearly is dadmin's middle name Cool

Having read some of the above diatribe and its context with the company it purports to have no connection with (whose name I have no intention of repeating - all of whom's posts I have incidentally also read) I would have no hesitation in not only deleting the posts but also the user account.

For the sake of all of us, please leave this forum and go frequent the others you seem so happy in Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
"What's that sizzling sound I hear?" "It's a sizzling row about spam, dear!"

snow report
Damn you Karl, i'm humgry now... and theres no spam in the house Sad
latest report
@Karl Marx, the guy in the advert... he's dead now right?
snow report

For someone with no connection to the company, you have a surprising degree of access to their login.
And aye, you're quick on the delete key... but not quick enough pal!
Not that we needed any more proof, behind the scenes, of your subterfuge, you understand, but thank you very much for sharing it voluntarily with the general public Wink

I think we can all safely accept that Dodgy Snowboarding Spammers have been pretending to be their own customer in order to 'spoof' a recommendation which is very very stupid (and fraudulent).

In light of:
1) their spamming the forum
2) their failing to accept guidance wrt how to behave responsibly
3) their fraudulent spoofing of a 3rd party recommendation
4) their subsequent abusiveness

I am declaring Dodgy Snowboarding Spammers barred from using snowHeads.
3rd party recommendations for them will also be removed since, clearly they cannot be trusted.
snow conditions
JohnSnowboarder wrote:
Excuse me, who are you to accuse me of spamming. I am new to the forum yes! But I have been a part of other forums for many years. Unfortunately they have been very quiet. I am looking to be able to talk to like minded people and meet up for a shred with others!

The other forums are quiet 'cus they are pants, this one has over 10000 users because it rocks, and it's moderated properly to keep spam and morons to a minimum.

As for meeting up with other, good luck with that one. Try a bash you might just like one Toofy Grin a word to the wise though, you might not fit in Razz
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@admin, gotcha! snowHead
latest report
JohnSnowboarder wrote:

Call yourself an admin, all I am seeing is some rude little sitting behind a pc being disrespectful. Get some friends, get out. You may not be so bitter towards everyone then Smile

Admin goes under many names, many of which suit him, however rude and little sitting behind a pic is far from the truth, knowing him, he's sat in a bar in the Alps with many snowHeads freinds pi55!ng himself laughing at your posts as are we.

As for freinds, he has 10000 on here and many 100s of us meet up with him on a yearly basis to go on holiday, Billy no mates he is not Toofy Grin
snow report
pwned?

there is that EU law, forget what it's called, but it's totally unworkable.

pretty sure I've reported Dodgy Snowboarding Spammers for spamming before, even if it is "useful to someone" spam
snow report
@admin, good work!
snow conditions
@admin, please don't ban @JohnSnowboarder, we need some light entertainment until @Nixmap returns in the autumn Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Oops, LOL!
latest report
I nominate Dodgy Snowboarding Spammers as a candidate for the Darwin Awards. Laughing
ski holidays
Sometimes the Snowheads filter adds value. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
PaulC1984 wrote:
@admin, please don't ban @JohnSnowboarder, we need some light entertainment until @Nixmap returns in the autumn Toofy Grin

Actually you could make a thread that only him and DG, KM and the rest of his alter ego's can post in but we can all read when we feel psychotic Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Anyone wanna buy a Skoda Roomster? FSH, low miles, owned by a nun etc. etc.
snow report
Anyone wanna buy a Skoda Roomster? FSH, low miles, owned by a nun etc. etc.
snow report
@JohnSnowboarder, spectacular. Are you as abusive to your customers when you don't get your own way?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy