Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heather Mills confirms ambition to ski at over 200 km/h

Poster: A snowHead
Anagram - Me Hellish Rat
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Getting back to the subject at hand ... it's interesting that Heather Mills mentioned the 200 km/h figure in the interview. Does she have the faintest idea of how fast that is?

Divina Galica, one of the great British ski racers (competed at the 1968 and 1972 Winter Olympics) went into speed skiing in the 1980s and was still competing at the age of 50+. She could probably give Heather some very useful guidance, based on the maximum speed she achieved (125mph / c. 201km/h). It's said that HM (her majesty) is training for the Vars track, which is a mother of gradient and terror ...

https://www.facebook.com/KL.2013.vars/timeline

http://www.kl-france.com/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=7&lang=english
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Karl Marx, That's the problem when you look back too much...things have moved on since the 80s wink

http://youtube.com/v/7H5oYHs7EJw
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ALQ ... well, err, certainly in terms of video tech ... but I have to tell you there was a French guy who started that jetpack skiing back in the 1980s (I recall writing an article about him!).

Great footage though. Thanks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Heather Mills, without jetpack ...

[acknowledgments to davidof for borrowed photo research]
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Karl Marx,

I have read quite a few articles you did in Ski Survey back in the day.
I will admit here openly I enjoyed reading the vast majority of those I read, back then you where in my opinion a journalist. What you do here now is not you are like the intern who is set to gather information from other sources because it is too tedious for real journalists to do. They then use this information to add extra depth and in-site to the original work they have spent time writing.

I would much rather see the DG I read back then re-i merge not the one I see on here who rightly or wrongly has become quite bitter to SCGB and also quite rude to members on here. I have said before to you on here you need friends not more enemy's so listen to the criticism take on board what is being said become a member who overall people enjoy conversing with because then they will be more open to listening to the problems you have with SCGB.

I know GA is just as bad as you on here, and I actually hold him more accountable for his posts as he is an official of the SCGB. No matter what his grievance with you he should hold to higher moral std's than he shows on here.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@speed098, much obliged. Thank you for those kind points. Obviously there's been a massive upheaval in publishing since I was working (on annual retainer arrangements) for Ski Survey and the Sunday Times. Many ski writers have dropped out since then (around 20 years ago). The internet and social media have changed everything, and it's just about survival. I've no problems at all, actually, in drawing the attention of internet users to the copyright work of genuine ski journalists and linking to that writing, or other ski news etc.. That's the essence of the WWW and all that matters is that people read what they want/need to read. But you're right that writing meaty articles, originally researched, is a virtuous objective!

HEATHER MILLS UPDATE

Obviously the thing to do is check out whether she's revealing anything of her exploits in speed skiing on social media. Guess what ...

1. She's training seriously. Claimed training speed of 140 km/h at Vars, reported on 12 March:
https://www.facebook.com/heather.mills.official/photos/a.248907018513140.55122.243810149022827/790788814324955/?type=1&theater

2. Video of her testing new fairings, 13 March:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=791269537610216&set=vb.243810149022827&type=2&theater
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
can we individually block users on here so we don't have to see their posts?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
"Yes we can". Barack Obama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_We_Can
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Karl Marx,
Quote:

But you're right that writing meaty articles, originally researched, is a virtuous objective!

Even vegetarian ones, with only a little research but with an original, thought provoking viewpoint would be worth a read. Give it a go. Post here first (without a link) under your 'real' username and then subsequently encourage us to look elsewhere as well. DG, you have to accept that if your ultimate goal is to encourage people to visit SKI.HUB you are doing little more at the moment than just pi$$ing people off. I really don't like the sock puppets and clickbait and I'm pretty sure I'm far from alone in that. As a matter of principle I won't click on FB links. Not just yours, anyones. It's not a question of being a luddite it's just the invasiveness and lack of respect for privacy that causes many to avoid much of FB. So, if the current approach isn't working as well as you might wish, why not humour us by dropping the deception and endless links and bring some wit and originality to your contributions.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
foxtrotzulu wrote:
@Karl Marx,
Quote:

But you're right that writing meaty articles, originally researched, is a virtuous objective!

Even vegetarian ones, with only a little research but with an original, thought provoking viewpoint would be worth a read. Give it a go. Post here first (without a link) under your 'real' username and then subsequently encourage us to look elsewhere as well. DG, you have to accept that if your ultimate goal is to encourage people to visit SKI.HUB you are doing little more at the moment than just pi$$ing people off. I really don't like the sock puppets and clickbait and I'm pretty sure I'm far from alone in that. As a matter of principle I won't click on FB links. Not just yours, anyones. It's not a question of being a luddite it's just the invasiveness and lack of respect for privacy that causes many to avoid much of FB. So, if the current approach isn't working as well as you might wish, why not humour us by dropping the deception and endless links and bring some wit and originality to your contributions.
well said
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Sack the foxtrotzulu Juggler, without wishing to come across as high-handed, I'd advise you both to rationalise your attitude to news, reporting and journalism.

It's all very well complaining about all this - when you're clearly interested enough to read this thread - but then (and this was Sack the Juggler's action) to go on another thread and copy wholesale a copyright news report (why?) shows a lack of respect to news providers and their obvious need to earn clicks (revenue) for their work.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=118219#2702331

I've pulled out of snowHeads on numerous occasions because of related issues. There's either a harmonious and respectful attitude to journalism and news providers within this community or there isn't. Your choice.

Quote:
you are doing little more at the moment than just pi$$ing people off

Yeah, right! Pull the other one - it's got four clips on and answers to the name 'Nordica'.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ah ... an auto-generated hyperlink for Nordica!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Karl Marx, I think what would help your cause, would be if you posted links and gave an opinion on the item and entered into a discussion about it. It's all a bit 'faceless' at the moment - which I don't mean in a derogatory fashion, I just mean you give nothing away about your own thoughts or opinions on any of these matters, be it Heather Mills' skiing aspirations or nordic skiers getting mauled by polar bears.

Personally, for my part, I think Heather Mills is a bit of a nutter with questionable motives for many things, but still, I wish her well.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Karl Marx, you don't come across as high handed, you come across as a bit of a plum - posting links to news is not reporting or journalism, yet you keep saying that you are a journalist as if that justifies your existence, but it is really annoying.

I have asked if I can block your posts from my view of the forum as your actions are annoying, yet you think this is funny - I think this is the best solution, then you can carry on pretending to be a journalist and I can ignore you whilst reading intelligent contribution
latest report
@Sack the Juggler, click the blue cross to the right of Karl Marx and you get some options.
ski holidays
Gerry wrote:
@Sack the Juggler, click the blue cross to the right of Karl Marx and you get some options.
cheers Gerry
ski holidays
@Karl Marx,
Quote:

It's all very well complaining about all this - when you're clearly interested enough to read this thread

As I've said before, I had zero interest in Heather Mills and still haven't read any of the related articles.

Quote:

There's either a harmonious and respectful attitude to journalism and news providers within this community or there isn't.

I think most of us have clearly established that just posting links is not journalism. News provision? Well I'm not really sure about that either. In the last 30 seconds I typed 'ski' into Google, selected 'News' and voila! http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/18/sport/alpine-edge-vonn-downhill-title/

Have I really done anyone the slightest service? Not really. Do we really need people who believe their sole raison d'être is purely to provide news? I doubt it.

If you genuinely don't believe that people fine your posts and sock puppets rather irritating then why not look back though this thread? If you don't believe that then why not set up a poll?
ski holidays
I would have thought that a system like Digg is a better ways of deciding which stories are of real interest. Use the wisdom of crowds.
ski holidays
+1 for poll
snow report
+2
snow conditions
Again I don't get it, why don't you just go and read some other threads instead?
latest report
Heather Mills successfully completed her Level 1 BASI alpine instructor course last week.
latest report
Well done Heather
snow conditions
@rob@rar,

Do you know how she did with the snowplough ?

Interested because talking to a skier with similar skiing issues today at CFe and he was worried about the snowplough element on BASI 1
ski holidays
Those IOS stork drills could be hilarious when she leaves the leg and ski behind..
ski holidays
@speed098, not certain, but I believe she used a prosthetic leg in order to use two skis, so hopefully that would have given her enough control to demo a decent plough turn.

@ansta1, Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy