Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heather Mills confirms ambition to ski at over 200 km/h

Poster: A snowHead
[The original posting has been removed, in retaliation for troll activity below. Apologies to all readers for this inconvenience. The story about Heather Mills can now be accessed here, for the video interview link and story originally posted: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SKI.HUB/permalink/1595477300739036/ ]

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 18-03-15 16:15; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
She'd better be careful not to break a leg. Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Karl Marx, It sometimes seems as though all you ever do is repost articles that have appeared elsewhere. Is it really necessary?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
- - -

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 16-03-15 22:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe get some info yourself and write your own articles? Or just simply keep reposting them on FB, as you do now, but without bugging everyone else, and limit this to those who are interested in them and joined your group?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
- - -

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 16-03-15 22:45; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Karl Marx, do you think you could write some of the articles on here, for us to read without having to visit other websites? The only reason I popped into this thread was to see if I could read it without going onto Facebook or some other site, whether there would be something to read. There was a bit, didn't seem like it needed all those other links in the OP to me.

On many forums I've used posting this many links to other sites, especially those trying to generate traffic, would not be allowed unless you were sponsoring the site with permission to post that way. As it is, you seem to spend your time trying to divert Snowheads from Snowheads, which isn't really on IMO.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Karl Marx,

Idea Why don't you go Interview JC

I would recommend 2am at his house just to be sure he is in Big Wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
- - -

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 16-03-15 22:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Karl Marx,

Think he answers to either of the first two NehNeh
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Karl Marx wrote:
speed098 wrote:

Idea Why don't you go Interview JC

JC?

Jesus Christ?
Jeremy Clarkson?
James Cove?

I would love to hear Jesus Christ's opinion on helmets

Jeremy Clarkson would definatly not wear one Very Happy

James Cove's opinion would probably depend upon sponsorship Puzzled
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
- - -

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 16-03-15 22:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Karl Marx,
Some stories you promote I would be genuinely interested in, however as soon as I see a link in the text, it becomes too much trouble. It looks like I am not the only one to now realise that anything you post will just lead to a hyperlink, therefore anything you post I will try to avoid....but I don't think you want this.
I for one enjoy the banter on here and like to read people's views and opinions. Some come here to research, some are here to help others.
However you do seem to just post hyperlinks......several linking to skihub above. Is this something you receive financial reward for doing or some other sort of gain? Are you a skier or snow sports enthusiast? Do you have any on snow experience? What is your motivation? Why do you think people will be interested in what you post? Or why do you believe people need to read what you post?
Maybe if you explain yourself a bit people may understand?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
- - -

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 16-03-15 22:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
But it does seem to be annoying a lot of people on here though...
snow report
The Facebook has that effect on people...
latest report
- - -

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 16-03-15 22:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Well, yeah, it's supposed to be about friends keeping in contact with friends, but it's become yet another data aggregation point, where your details are collected, collated and sold off to the highest paying advertiser as a trending set of eyeballs. And yes I'm well aware of the rest of the Internet doing almost exactly the same thing but that doesn't mean I have to throw myself into the maw with glee. Those who produce genuine content deserve to get the traffic and revenue associated rather than reposts. I'm not above posting links here but I always try to link to the original source rather than some aggregation point.
ski holidays
- - -

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 16-03-15 22:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Yes, but more limited by the delightful retroness of it all. If Admin wants to be Badmin and sell our details to whoever he could do that. He might but I suspect not. I guarantee that Facebook is though, and b providing the point of contact you assist the process. I don't dispute for a minute that you get zero out of it other than the pleasure of disseminating news and seeing your membership grow, but interacting with SkiHub will 'improve' Facebooks advertising algorithms and allow further monetization of your readers.
latest report
- - -

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 16-03-15 22:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Karl Marx,
People might have different names on here than real life but they also meet up in real life. I have a lot of people I know and do talk from FB ( generally use Skype now as easier to actually talk than type a conversation) but very few of them I have actually met in real life due to global locations. Yes if we did get to meet it would be great but what once a year or once in a lifetime compared with the potential on this site to meet up almost weekly at a local dryslope or fridge.

Having your real name on a site is irrelevant these days. FB used to be great but not for me anymore. I have not deleted my account nor will I, but I generally go on about once a month. So for me you posting links to FB is pointless and many others here have said the same re FB. So as has been suggested cut the plethoria of links and try actually doing something journalistic by typing a short article summing up the points. Then at most put one link to the main source.
ski holidays
- - -

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 16-03-15 22:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Karl Marx,
Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I now understand a little more about it all.

I do label this forum under the 'social media banner', and perhaps now see your facebook page as some sort of competition....as you say yourself a 'ski information hub'. This is what I would regard Snowheads as. Perhaps others also log in to find out what they need, or catch up on an interesting topic...and do not wish to be diverted.

Personally I agree that facebook is a friendly environment (normally) as it is here, however if a character does get annoying, on facebook you can unfriend and/or block them, here I do not think this is possible.

The bit that doesn't sit right with me is the seemingly endless submissions to try and tease people in the direction of your facebook page. If there was one original post saying... here is my facebook page, this is what it does, please take a look and join if you wish, then that would not feel the same as the constant attempt to 'poach' people.

I have a facebook page, like many others and I update a few times a day, and do not wish to be diverted there in addition to my 'regular' visits. Even when using FB some of my friends post articles/links which then require signing up for something before access is possible, I find this very frustrating also....perhaps I just want simplicity.

Thanks again for answering my questions.
latest report
It would be nice if the links didn't lead to a Facebook login page. James Cove seems to be able to post stuff on Facebook without needing people to be logged in to read it. I have no problem with you keeping your stuff private but it doesn't seem polite to then post links to a public forum.
snow conditions
- - -

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 16-03-15 22:47; edited 1 time in total
latest report
davidof wrote:
It would be nice if the links didn't lead to a Facebook login page. James Cove seems to be able to post stuff on Facebook without needing people to be logged in to read it. I have no problem with you keeping your stuff private but it doesn't seem polite to then post links to a public forum.

+1

Very valid and reasonable point

Only post links to sites with open access to all
latest report
@peanuthead, +2....but I CBA to even click on open access
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Karl Marx,
If you find what I have written useful, then great.
Maybe Snowheads should have a dedicated News Board which could include 'genuine news' and members 'spoof news' articles from their snowsports experiences.
Best wishes.
snow report
@mayr, agree 100% - shameless attempts at poaching
snow report
Who is Heather Mills?

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Just returned to this post after 36 hours to see that all posts from @Karl Marx, have been edited to '- - -' . No idea why, or what it means, but the silence is delightful.
ski holidays
Maybe he's gone pay-per-view - "Follow Daves stream of consciousness over on SkyCranks2 (Channel 423)"
snow conditions
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Just returned to this post after 36 hours to see that all posts from @Karl Marx, have been edited to '- - -' . No idea why, or what it means, but the silence is delightful.

He's having another tantrum.
latest report
Maybe like The Doctor he is just regenerating into yet another sock puppet. Anyway, whatever the reason for the unaccustomed lull in spam reposts I just hope it continues a while longer.
snow conditions
This was no "tantrum", nor is it "silence" ... and definitely isn't "pay-per-view" !

A story about Heather Mills and her speed-skiing ambitions was posted at the head of this thread, with links to the BBC and Independent. Tagged along as a bonus were 5 other ski news items linked to SKI.HUB (Facebook) postings, which contain links to the journalistic sources of the stories. Yes, SKI.HUB is an 'aggregator' (to adopt modern parlance) of ski news and other stuff.

Shimmy Alcott wrote:
@mayr, agree 100% - shameless attempts at poaching

I'll happily take criticism and/or dispute about how ski news is delivered to this forum (and - of course - many do it). Ever since 2004 there's been a 'negotiation' about this, as different opportunities emerge. The cat can be skinned many ways.

What will not be accepted is the kind of trollshit that "Shimmy Alcott" endulges in - purely negative and untrue smearcrap that misrepresents my motives. There is no poaching involved in this strategy - it can obviously only work on a reciprocal basis, where snowHeads can derive a mutual benefit and where sH does not lose members to another club. SKI.HUB isn't a club and will never sell holidays, or anything else.

That's all for the moment, except to inform you of a worthwhile new item of viewing interest this morning ...

The bird that chased and befriended a skier. Video
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SKI.HUB/permalink/1597017190585047/
ski holidays
Yeah right, you're the biggest shite smearing troll in here.
latest report
Gerry Aitken, director, Ski Club of Great Britain wrote:
Yeah right, you're the biggest shite smearing troll in here.

Another bloom of sense and wisdom from this flower of social media.
snow conditions
@Karl Marx, You haven't answered my original question. Why on earth do you feel the need to post all this guff in the first place? Why not just leave it on your own FB page and resist the temptation to repost it all again here. If anyone thinks your FB page is any good then they can go and follow that. If Ski.HUB is an aggregator, then go forth and aggregate (if you really must), but do please stop disseminating as well.

Here's an idea for you. Why not have a link to SKI.HUB in one of your many signatures, NOT repost any old tosh you have found from elsewhere, but actually participate in the forum. At the moment you are little better than the idiot who keeps posting links for cheap kitchens. If people think you have intelligient, interesting comments then they might go and look at your FB page, although I fear they may be disappointed when they see it's just reposts and no original content.
ski holidays
@foxtrotzulu, you make no sense whatsoever. Yes, you were the 2nd person to comment on the Heather Mills news story above. One assumes that you saw the heading "Heather Mills confirms ambition to ski at over 200 km/h" and thought "Ah yes, that looks interesting, I'll click into that one".

Did you then click into either the BBC or Independent links to see the reports?

What you've written is just negative crap. Everyone knows that ski news has been a mainstay of this forum since day one, and admin was passionate to give it homepage prominence (more recently discontinued). The public SCGB forum (2002-4), from which this site effectively emerged, was full of news items.

Your points are simply cock, on every level (as per the fowl in the multi-storey carpark).

David
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy