Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff, SSV & LL 21st March next week.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any Snowheads out in Banff next week, be great to meet up if anyone is up for some great skiing 😎🎿🎿🎿
Apologies for the short notice.

Brgds Andy snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thats it now, I'm off. Waiting patiently at LHR for flight YYC.. there was a cock up with my seating, so was given an upgrade. Happy Days 🍸🍸🍷🍷🍹🍹😎 snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Let us know how you get on Andy - we were there a couple of weeks ago. In the past we have had some great spring skiing at SSV well into May. I would be interested to hear about what you find.

Enjoy!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will do, this will be my 3rd visit. The Snow on both the last visits was awesome, hoping for a repeat this year too. 😎🎿🎿🎿 snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks like you picked a great week for it, @AJQ,. It's been a warm, dry season, and so wasn't looking great going into spring. But the last week has brought a decent amount of snow and today was awesome at SSV. Very Happy Add to that, the sun is shining, the days are warm enough to sit outside and barbecue, and the nights cool enough to keep the snow pretty nice. This week has been a reminder of why spring skiing is so good at SSV! Looks like there's more snow on the way this week too. Envious of you skiing every day this week. If only it weren't for the day job...sigh. Have fun!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Probably not a good day to go to LL then, it was icy in the morning and Sugar snow at the bottom of the runs end of the day.
Off to SSV today, snow forecast for rest of week is looking good, LL certainly needs it, quite a few rocks starting to show through. Joules2210 ❄️❄️❄️🎿🎿🎿❄️❄️❄️ snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quite a few people saying LL not great yesterday, while those who were at SSV all agreed it was one of the best days of the season to date. We saw the opposite to LL in that quite a few rocks had finally started to get a good covering for example the runs down Brewster's rock. Judging by the webcams looks like you could have some snow today. Enjoy!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tragic news from Sunshine yesterday...http://globalnews.ca/news/1899071/stars-responds-to-ski-incident-in-banff/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thats is bad news didnt hear about that one, although apparently somebody was caught up in an avo in the Dive, didnt hear too much about that either.
Gave the Dive a miss this year as Viz was pretty dire to say the least.... I like to see where Im going 😟😟😟
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://globalnews.ca/news/1908525/search-underway-for-skier-at-sunshine-valley/

It was off of goats eye where someone skipped under the rope and collapsed a cornice
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Heard yesterday that the snowboarder wasn't wearing a helmet. Didn't hear whether that was a factor or not but still...

As for the kid in the avalanche, he supposed to be a in a bad way. I guess they knew what they were getting into but there's a reason why there is out of bounds. Maybe the only fortunate thing about it was that the avalanche seems to have been on the back side and so no one else caught up in it.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bummer...... i took a tumble on route from top of Strawberry across to the Great divide lift. Done short route many times already no probs. Only difference this time was no Rucksac ( 5kgs) with Avo kit. Viz was too bad for the Dive ( for me) so thought I would try to improve my moguls skills ( or lack of)
I found the the Rucksac was giving a very aft CofG and Moguls were quite challenging but without it became a wee bit easier. Having taken the tumble, the Rucksac would have undoubtly helped in the fall as one of my ski poles went underneath me and and strained a muscle in the left back rib region.

Not wanting to detract from the above Avo incident, it only goes to show no matter how comfortable you are on an easy run you can still get caught out.
Perhaps I was a bit too over confident having just had a week in Austria with no tumbles, let alone wipeouts at all?

Feeling very humble... ..... At the mo 😟
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Added to say I still managed to ski from top of the Great Divide down to Base Gondala Station OK, only next day the muscules hurt. 😟 serves me right for not paying attention.. ....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy