Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter tyres - would you bother now?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@rob@rar, if it wasn’t you I’d question snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
under a new name wrote:
@rob@rar, if it wasn’t you I’d question snowHead
It was definitely a hopeless experience. IIRC I posted here asking advice on how best to get a RWD up a snowy hill. The most useful answer was to swap it for a FWD, or better still an AWD.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was once riding shotgun with a Romainan driving instructor as we tried to climb the snowy hill to his local chair lift in his FWD Dacia (Romanian clone of the old Renault 12).

On losing grip several times he dropped back down the hill a bit, spun the car round and successfully reversed up the hill instead. All a bit alarming at the time but it got us there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rob@rar, not all snow tyres are made the same. Our last set as I may have mentioned previously were almost as poor as summers.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name wrote:
@rob@rar, not all snow tyres are made the same. Our last set as I may have mentioned previously were almost as poor as summers.
Yes, and tricky if you're relying on a rental car as you never know what you're going to end up with. I've driven out my own car to Austria for a couple of weeks, and the access to my hotel is a very steep, tight lane, so happy to have AWD and descent control, plus a set of (budget) winters.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
under a new name wrote:

Also, tread depth. In my experience, once winters get down to the "winter" wear mark (a separate set of wear marks to the shallower "legal minimum" ones), they're no better or worse than a newish set of summers.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@shep, I “think” ours aren’t as good as when they were new this time last year. And we’ve probs only done about 12,000 kms.

But, impressions.

Impressive snow though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy