Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blizzard brahma size

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im 5'9" 190lbs advanced intermediate skier. Ski about 30-35 days a year with about 20-25 of the time being in the hills of MN, the other out west. Im torn between 173 or 180 lenght. After reading a plethora of post talking to several ki shops its about 50/50. Those advocating the 180 say so because they ski about 5cm shorter and the 173 would be way to short.

Im Not t a really agressive skier, but everytime i do go west do get into harder terrain, learning bumps, ect.

Being that the vast majority of my skiing will be in MN and this will be my one ski quiver not sure if the 180 would be too much ski.

I have read the brahma skis more tru to lenght ans some say it skis short. aper most charts im in the 175 range, but given the brahma skis might ski bit shorter will i be giving up what rhe ski should be by going with 173 vs 180 or before ng it is a stiffer ski the 'sking shoerter' would benefit in MN but when out west and putting more umph on the ski it would nbe more adequate to my height and weigh
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Given the Brahma's rockered design the 173cm is waaay to short for your weight, your question should be whether the 180 or the 187cm! Your height says 180 but if you're aggressive then at your weight you'd have no problem on the 187.

I'm 5'9"/168lbs & ski the 180cm Brahma & it's superb.

Go 180cm & mount it on the line.

And welcome to snowHeads Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@spyderjon, Slightly off topic (apologies @Midwestfabs,) but someone on the Birthday Bash looked at my 159cm Blizzard Black Pearls, and then me at 155cm and commented (about 3 times), "Your skis are quite long!" Toofy Grin
Love them BTW!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Iski, size is everything!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

ski the 180cm Brahma & it's superb

I've just spent a week on the 180cm Brahma and it was great. If you've not read it, the blister gear review is pretty accurate so far as I was skilled enough to judge: http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2014-2015-blizzard-brahma
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have just bought some 187cm Brahma's.....moving from 184cm Mantra's. I am 6ft 1in and am delighted with them....I would say the 180cm but my only question would be your weight. They're a stiff ski....if you like stiff skis go with the 180cm without a doubt. the 187cm's feel stiff to me but I am 30kg heavier than you.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Am 5ft 5in, female and about 130lbs. Would call myself an advanced skier. I tested the Brahma in 173 in November, and thought they were fab. Very tempted to buy a pair. So you can guess I would say that 173 is way too short for you!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy