Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jet 2 - Full Ski Bag Query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So it's Leeds > Chambery tomorrow with Jet 2.

Can't find anything regarding ski carriage on their website other than a 20kg limit. Was specificically wondering if they have cunningly hidden something on there along the lines of "Thou shalt not carry more than one pair of skis."

We've stuffed in x2 pairs of skis and a few bits of kit - total 18kg.

OK Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"Golf bags and ski equipment charges are 30GBP/ 39EUR/ 58CHF/ 1060CZK/ 210PLN per flight for each item up to 20kgs but you can save £5 by pre-booking online » "

Looks like yours is all ski equipment and less than 20kg.

Beware there is another snowHead on that flight....(not me!)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here is their page:
http://www.jet2.com/travel-extras/sports-equipment

If the description is not clear (for example, there doesn't seem to be a restriction on thickness) then contact them.

a) They need to know there is a problem.

b) If you get to the desk and disagree on interpretation then it won't help your case if you say "someone on Snowheads said it would be okay".
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers all! En route to airport now. Had already booked/paid for the ski bag. Know that it says 20kg max - so hopefully all in order at bag drop.

Have flown with J2 before but not for a couple of years - so was just checking in case they have since adopted some kind of stringent 1 pair of skis in bag policy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
"

Beware there is another snowHead on that flight....(not me!)

But it is me 😀
Empty car to Tignes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Unless I'm mistaken the airline doesn't see inside your bag. The bagage handlers presumably do when they xray it and would see two sets of ski's. I can't see it being in their interest to pull them off the line and summons you back to the checkin desk to charge extra. They want to know there is no bomb in the bag and get it on the plane, not hold on to it while the check-in desk confirms you've now paid an extra £20 (which they wont get as a bonus) and now they can run across the tarmac with it to load it on the plane.

Useful discussion though as I've often debated if it was worth buying own skis as flight extra was almost as high as the hire. But assumed the ski bag weight limit would make it difficult to get 2 pairs of ski's under limit... So if the "good lady" also had her own and paid the carriage I'd get to take mine for free... Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@polc1410, Most hold baggage is scanned by a machine - human intervention takes place when the machine spots something of interest. Skis are not of interest to a machine.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've regularly traveled with everything inside a big ski bag with various airlines and so long as it was under weight I never had a problem. Even managed 3 pairs last trip, 2 of mine and a pair for Junior, despite specific notice from the tour op that "only one pair of skis per bag is allowed". It's just a money making racket
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pending wrote:
I've regularly traveled with everything inside a big ski bag with various airlines and so long as it was under weight I never had a problem. Even managed 3 pairs last trip, 2 of mine and a pair for Junior, despite specific notice from the tour op that "only one pair of skis per bag is allowed". It's just a money making racket

Only issue I really see is if they loose the bag they may refuse to pay to replace 3 pairs... ...but thats what you have travel insurance for isn't it?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IIRC, they'll only pay a fixed rate (read pittance) per kilo anyway.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just flown with monarch and no issues with two pairs in the bag
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy