Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aviva insurance "pre-ski checklist"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.aviva.co.uk/news-and-guides/travel-tips/hitting-slopes-insurance-and-tips-safe-trip/?source=Z02b&entry=140624&cmp=eml-e_c_ezine-27012015-feature-ski_article-z02b--

Should cause some debate and amusement...

wink Madeye-Smiley snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
what are the skis in the picture?

and popcorn is ready with that helmet line! Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hadge8 wrote:

Cross Country skis, don't know the make.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

and popcorn is ready with that helmet line!

It only really talks about kids though doesn't it - not very controversial these days as lots of ski areas and ski schools take a similar attitude
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair Pink wrote:
Hadge8 wrote:

Cross Country skis, don't know the make.

They're red so they must be quick ones wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would like to see evidence of the average being £1,000.00 if in Europe they only pay the first 10% with the Heath card picking up the rest. What percentage of ski claims require airlifts etc?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

It only really talks about kids though doesn't it - not very controversial these days as lots of ski areas and ski schools take a similar attitude

yeah agreed, but just the opening line was "Make helmets mandatory" followed by "Helmets are crucial when skiing, especially for children" makes me wonder whats in their policy for adults.

@musher, haha!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not a great start:
Quote:
We have listed our Top 5 resorts in Europe:
1. Chamonix, France: Best for Lift-Accessed Slopes
2. La Grave, France: Best for Ski Mountaineering

Laughing
Clearly they've never been to La Grave....I've never ever used a skin in La Grave itself...the adventurous skiing is pretty much all accessible with downhill only. OK, a fair few rappels but that's not really "ski mountaineering"
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Having read the following statement

Quote:

Although more than half of people say that they or family members have had an accident or near miss on the slopes, 47% admit that they never or only sometimes bother with winter sports insurance.

I conclude that Aviva don't know what they are talking about so I have treat the rest of the article as a waste of web server space and wish I never bothered with it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Going off-piste can be dangerous and you shouldn’t do it unless it is authorised by the resort
Off to Val Cenis tomorrow. Can't wait. Just working through the helpful Aviva checklist now.

Hmmm....Haven't been to Vel Cenis before - so can anyone direct me to the office/individual that will authorise an off-piste jaunt Laughing?? What a load of bo11ock$ rolling eyes.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mountainaddict,
Quote:

so can anyone direct me to the office/individual that will authorise an off-piste jaunt

Yeah that tickled me too?

@johnE,
Quote:
I conclude that Aviva don't know what they are talking about so I have treat the rest of the article as a waste of web server space and wish I never bothered with it.

I posted it for a laugh. It's certainly not an article to be taken seriously.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Layne wrote:
@johnE,
Quote:

It's fine us saying that, but plenty of people are likely to read that and take it verbatim. With that in mind its worrying.

Anybody able to contact Aviva?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thedrewski wrote:
Layne wrote:

It's fine us saying that, but plenty of people are likely to read that and take it verbatim. With that in mind its worrying.

Fair point.

thedrewski wrote:
Anybody able to contact Aviva?

Where would you start. Maybe one for the SCGB to take up Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I know that it isn't relevant to this thread directly, but I think that Aviva are ace. I've been insured with them with my works van for years, good price. Spent the last three days trawling the web for insurance quotes for my younger daughter's first car. Everyone else were quoting £1150 plus.....Aviva linked it to my existing policy this afternoon and quoted £674. Result! (This will accrue NCB for her and as my policy runs out this autumn her renewal this autumn will include one year's NCB!)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
^^^^^
That's all well and good re. the car insurance - but is the vehicle authorised to go off piste Toofy Grin ??
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy