Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Opinions on Dakine gloves...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What are peoples opinion on Dakine gloves?

Me and my wife are after some better, warmer gloves for next season, I have some Scott Covert, and she has some Surfanic girly ones at the moment, but Sportpursuit have some cheap Dakine gloves on right now.

What are peoples thoughts on their gloves?

Specifically, looking at the Scout or Titan for me, and the Camino (long or short versions) for my wife.

I had kind of decided I wanted to wait and see if I could get Norrona Narvik or Hestra Army soft-shell in a sale (both around £80 now), but these Dakines are a very tempting price if they're any good (£23 - £36).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends on the model, mine are about 10yrs old now, came with additional liners (which for some reason i don't use). Not the warmest glove without the liberty. You are probably best gong for hestra, but also think about a mitten or carb claw as these formats tend to retain heat better.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had the scout, currently got the titan. Both great gloves, but like all gloves they last only four or five seasons before they start to disintegrate, usually the fingers start to go as the fabric frays arund the stitching and a hole developer that the insulation / liner pokes through and then it starts to accelerate. I rarely use the liner in my glove
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I seem to wear through gloves at rate of knots and the inside liner of mine ripped. Shame because otherwise I liked the golve. It was eventually replaced and I upgraded to a heasta glove. Not sure how long nbt had his. I go thorough gloves in 2 or 3 weeks rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mr bee, Have used the cobra, and it was not as good as any of my hestra gloves, the leather was very soft, too soft and fell apart (one pair of hestras i have are 12 years old and were my main glove for about 5 years (doing at least 6 weeks a year) still going..........just
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OK, thanks for the replies, I think I'll leave it and try and get a better pair, loads of time to wait for deals until next February when I'll be skiing again.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
End of season sales, and off season purchases can save you a few quid.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always find gloves with leather palms wear better. I've ordered a couple or pairs from online sales to try out, if I don't like them I'll be returning them for Norrona Narvik's probably.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wait until May/June and the buy some Hestras in the Edge and Wax sale.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bought my Dakine gloves in '98, and they are stil going strong (don't know the model) They survived 12 years of snowboarding, and the waterproofing is amazing (it's not gortex) - they can be absolutely sipping wet, yet dry as a bone inside, I don't think I've ever got damp hands.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I Bought a pair of Dakine Gore Tex gloves in december and used them on both holidays this year, very very impressed, very comfortable and my hands were never cold or wet (what else do you want!?)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mr bee We have had Hestra Army gloves for many years, they're lovely. Last forever - we treat them with leather balm each year before going away.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not as good as Kincos but then very little bar Hestras are.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@dan100, I have/had the same problem but now carry my skis by the front binding of the 'supporting' ski (when clipped together by the brakes) if carrying them vertically, eg when in a gondola queue, rather than by the top of both of them, ie rubbing the glove against the edges.

Hoping this will lead to a pair of gloves lasting more than a couple of seasons or so.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy