Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis - Just before we book

Poster: A snowHead
We are about to book a large apartment in Val Cenis for our party for w/c 28 March after a LOT of research and I mean a lot! Razz Considering Snow is not in abundance in certain parts of the Alps this year, but that Val Cenis has a pretty good base and it ticks all the boxes for both our parties both suitability, cost wise, driving wise etc etc and currently has 90cm lower, 280cm upper, is 1400m lower and 2800m upper altitude and all North facing, is this going to be fairly risk free for this time? What I mean by this, is we will at least be able to get some half decent skiing in down to about 2000m. I hope this does not come across as rude but please don't recommend any other resorts, as I don't think I could take it !!! Razz I know it's all a bit of luck of the draw (of the weather gods) at this time of the year but hoping that people will either say, yay or nay! Very Happy If anyone said I was mad to book now for here then I might reconsider just in case it is not a good choice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@mini_mo, Should be ok, Val Cenis does hold the snow well in the late season, but you also have other resorts in the valley, Bonneval at 3000m, or Orelle with links to Val Thoren.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It should be fine above 2000m, but as most pistes beneath that lead to Lanslevillard, it can get slushy and crowded heading home. I have been at that time of year, and personally wouldn't go again, as it was holidays, but the resort manages the runs back pretty well; there was a dump of snow as we left, giving a fresh meter of snow, so it`s the luck of the draw. You have other local options that you can bus or drive to as well.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just book it! We always go at Easter and make the most of whatever conditions we get...........we have always had a great time.....glass half full and all of that Very Happy snowHead Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've not been to Val Cenis but I've been to La Norma at that time of year, and it sounds similar. It wasn't even a great year but we had enough skiing and I am sure you will be fine also.

We are booked into Les Coches (Paradiski) same week as you. Les Coches is 1450 and I expect to be skiing home each day and having plenty of good skiing "up top". I've been there in a really bad year and it was still OK.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I love going at this time of year , as long as you follow spring rules your be fine ,ski from 10am till 2.30pm depending on the aspect and have a late lunch , don't be disappointed if the home runs are slushy in the afternoon , they will be , its that time of year . Actually its not really that late in the season . Although I have not skied Val Cenis the height and the aspect of Val Cenis is fine and very much the same as my second home Ste Foy not far via the crow , we always have a lovely time late March/early April . I actually get a bit disappointed if the weather is cold and snowy .
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great thanks. Will definitely do a day in Bonneval and as we will have our car we could go up and down the mountain via Termingnon to avoid the crowded home runs. Thanks! Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've don 3 Easters in val Cenis, and really only the valley runs change, higher up has been fine. Year 1 all was open, but lots of grass in termignon, year 2 was icy slushy on the lower runs, but you could ski it with care to village, last year we got discounted lift passes as no snow to village, and Termignon closed, but high up was fine, especially on Le Haut side.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah, book, it, it will be fine. Especially as you will have a car and can drive to Orelle, Val Frejus or La Norma etc. I love Val Cenis but we usually stay in Lanselebourg
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We stayed in lanslebourg and can highly recommend La Vanoise restaurant, you may have to book because it gets busy, but the food is excellent
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bartezki, hi thanks for the info. I have seen your video and review you posted and it was very helpful. In fact I think I've ready every search thread on Val cenis! I've been keeping an eye on snow levels and it seems quite good at the moment. When you went during Easter last year what week was that? I know Easter was later but that does make me nervous! Could you tell me what weeks you went over the last 3 years? Looking at the historical snow levels I think at the moment it's the best it's been for a long time. Trying to combine budget, fairly good snow, traditional rustic resort and cross country for our friends! Any particular mountain restaurant you recommend? And did you go to Bonneval at all? Typing this on a phone, so apologies for errors.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Bartezki, I've just had a look at other sites with regards to snow levels last season (as snow forecast only goes up to end of 2013 season for Val Cenis) and upper slopes were lower than now but lower slopes same as now. Looks ok on paper so I am a little confused. Can you elaborate a bit further? Was it really hot at the end of March and all the snow melted or something?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It will be fine. Good mountain restaurants are Ranova, near TSD 6 Arcelle, and Relais du Col by the lake. The restaurant at the bottom of Termingnon on the left as you come down is good value, but not the one on the slopes at Termingnon. Bonneval is worth a visit just for the village, and the skiing is good and varied for such a small place. Some return runs may be shut as the resort manages its snow reserves, but above 2000m it will be great.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well after all that our friends want to hold on for another few weeks as I think they are worrying about driving and hence keeping options open for a tour op deal. There is plenty of accommodation available in Val Cenis so booking closer to the time won't hurt. @cstreat, Thanks for the tips.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We drove a mini bus from Leeds to Val Cenis, 24 hours, a bit of a gruler!! Easter last year was late, we set off on the 11/4/2014, I think it was the last week of the season.
The snow was plentiful higher, best snow above the bottom of arcellins 2 lift (1820)but it was a very late Easter, and there was plenty of snow above. It's a lovely place with friendly people, well worth a visit.
snow report
@Bartezki, Thats good to hear (not in your case of course!) but good for us as we would go 2 weeks before that Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy