Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claire Sherwood (Just6)

Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure everyone who knew Claire will be shocked and deeply saddened to hear that her recent illness was diagnosed as cancer and she passed away yesterday morning. She leaves a husband and son of whom she was immensely proud. Heartfelt thoughts go out to her family. RIP Claire. You will be missed x
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jude1, A great shock to those who knew her and skied with her only recently. A sweet, kind, funny, generous lady who I will miss very much. RIP Claire xxx
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Claire, December 2014
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That is so shocking Jude1. I am really really sorry. Sad RIP Claire
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh my God, how simply terrible. It's less than a month since we were skiing together (though I didn't realise, until later, that she had gone home early, there were just so many at the Birthday Bash, it was difficult to keep track of people) and she was explaining how she was coping with the chronic condition she thought she had. Condolences to her family, they must be unutterably shocked.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Stunned when I heard. Awful. Really sorry.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Crying or Very sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had no idea. That's such awful news. Condolences to her family. It was a pleasure to teach her.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Never knew the lady but always sad when this happens. Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sad Really shocked by that news. Condolences to her family, and Thank you @Jude1, for letting us know.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So sad, shocking and sudden.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'll try and let Alex and Sam know that the snowHeads community is thinking of them. It might offer some tiny crumb of comfort at what must be a truly awful time.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is almost unbelievable news Sad I knew Claire was feeling poorly at the BB, but thought it was just the nasty lurgy that was going around. How shocking, I'm so sorry, and deepest sympathy to her family and friends. Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jude1 wrote:
I'll try and let Alex and Sam know that the snowHeads community is thinking of them. It might offer some tiny crumb of comfort at what must be a truly awful time.

Yes, thoughts definitely with them at a difficult time.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This is such a shock!
I saw her off from the Portavescovo, just a few weeks ago. Obviously, I had no inkling that it was for good!

Claire was a good friend and a great snowHead.
The snowHeads buffs were surprisingly difficult to get done and it's fair to say that they just wouldn't have happened without the huge effort Claire put in.
Thousands of SnowHeads' necks are warmer today because of her!

Thank you Claire! x
snow report
I didn't know her but feel very sad for her family, words can't express how devastated they must be.

Glad she got one last ski trip in though.

My thoughts are with her family and all who knew her. RIP x
snow report
So sad. What was Claire's snowhead name?

Quote:

Thousands of SnowHeads' necks are warmer today because of her!

Sad Little Angel
ski holidays
@pam w, Her Snowhead name has been added to the title. Just6.
latest report
@geepee, ah, I see. Thanks @geepee.
latest report
So sorry to hear this, I only saw her at the ski show in October! My thoughts are with her family at this sad time.
latest report
She sounds lovely. What a shame Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
I wonder if Claire herself had an inkling? Terrible shock for her family and friends. Sad
latest report
pam w wrote:
I wonder if Claire herself had an inkling? Terrible shock for her family and friends. Sad

I think that she & they knew.
Conditions dictated that she never got to ski Courcheval this season.
So those of you on the EoSB (or 3V trips): please raise a glass/hipflask/shotpole in her memory. She wouldn't have liked the fuss, but do it anyway.

My life was better for having met this kind and generous person.
I will miss her.
snow report
Hung up a load of washing this morning amongst them a selection of SHs buffs that had been buried at the bottom of a rucksack since the Birthday Bash. Couldn't help thinking of Claire.

Emptying the HotShots at the EoSB in her memory would be rather fitting.
snow report
@Glue Pot, it's difficult to comprehend, she was so full of life when she skied with us in Val Thorens in December.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 4-03-15 17:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@rob@rar, and in Val d'isere before that. She didn't seem too well but was on great form
snow report
Quote:
My life was better for having met this kind and generous person.
I will miss her.

@Glue Pot, you put that beautifully for many of us...
snow report
I've only just heard this most shocking news. I skied with Claire in 3V in December and she was as full of life as ever. In fact she celebrated her birthday with champagne, which was so like Claire! I am so glad to have counted her as a friend and will miss her. RIP Claire ;-(
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One of the most interesting people I've ever met and a lovely person to boot. I'm glad to have some fond memories from our last trip away. She'll be very missed on the next one. RIP to a classy lady
ski holidays
Never met her, and from all your comments that is my loss Sad

I hope something can be organised at the EoSB and would love to take part in honour of her memory.

Thoughts with her family and friends at this time.
latest report
I was pretty shocked to hear about Claire. When I saw her last at the BB, she just said she wasn't skiing that day because her back was too sore! RIP - will raise a glass at VT with a few others
snow conditions
So sorry to hear this. She will be missed by a lot of people, but also remembered fondly.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy