Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Supershape Topsheets?

Poster: A snowHead
I've just bought a pair of Head Supershape Titans on eBay. The seller claimed that they've only had one week's use and were a month old. But when I compare them to my Fischer Wateas which I've used for 7 weeks the Head Topsheets look to be in worse condition. Does anyone know if these skis have a particularly easily marked top sheet? Bases and edges are in good condition but I'm wondering if the seller has been less than honest with the amount of use.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a pair of Magnums. The top sheets are a touch delicate, but I'd expect 'a weeks use' to be pretty clean.

I'd say that most sellers are less than honest re. amount of use. I'd take a view on price paid/condition and ignore what he's telling you about weeks of use. If you're happy with what you've paid, happy days. If not, bung 'em back at him.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have 2013 SuperShape Titans, this range of Ski's are more susceptible to edge damage and scratching. The topsheet material
is a soft resin material not dis-similar to Ski base material. I picked up edge damage and on my return used Boat Gel-Coat to repair.
Colour match not perfect but an ideal repair product as it's flexible. If sanding, use a very fine grade of paper, if you use too coarse a grade the topsheet
will "Fluff" up. I used wet n dry and a very thin layer of Halfords clear lacquer to seal (Mask Power rail/Bindings - or remove the lot)

Damage is inevitable - it's cosmetic - bases, edge and bindings are perfect and that's what matters but I know it's annoying.

We are not alone...

http://www.epicski.com/t/131542/damaged-head-isupershape
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A few scratches on mine, that happened in the scrums of tignes on the glacier in november, nothing too bad, I still worship them Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is not what I want to hear. I just bought a pair of Supershape Titans on Sunday to replace my aging B2's and whilst I liked the look of the top sheet (not main choice factor) the susceptibility to damage wasn't a consideration.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@stevew,

They're skis man, not the Wife's Louboutin's! Very Happy If you're gonna be that precious about them, maybe you should mount them on the wall rather than risk skiing on them. wink wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mollerski, I'm not precious about skis, far from it but looking at the epic ski link, in the 9 years I've had my B2's I've got nothing other than scratches on the top sheet, that damage is in a different league.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stevew,

If your issue is the current condition of the skis for the alleged amount of use, have it out with the seller.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's not just Heads

http://www.newschoolers.com/forum/thread/795701/Topsheet-damage-repair

http://www.epicski.com/t/112359/top-sheet-side-damage
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mollerski, not even been skiing with them yet. I was talking about the odd scratches to my old B2's and the image on the epic ski site.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mollerski, also suspect you're confusing me with the OP
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@stevew,
Ah, possibly. Razz
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have Magnums and they needed base repair after about a week of use due to all the rocks we had early season, anyway better to repair a ski than a knee:) Top sheets do look little bit worn, scratches are inevitable and a lot come from bins in gondolas etc. But I skied them at least 15 days this season, so more than a week. Maybe they are a bit more delicate than some other skis in this respect - I use my DPS more often, had them for longer and top sheets are not scratched at all. There are lot of skis that don't look like new long though. It's cosmetic and skis can serve well and long after that. It's skis, they are meant to be skied on, thrown on racks, put in gondola bins.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My main worry wasn't so much the cosmetics as how much use the skis might have had. the seller has now emailed me a copy of the receipt for the skis from January this year and for his one week holiday. So it looks like the skis are genuine enough and it is just the Topsheets that are a bit scruffy.

Now I'm wondering about length. The skis I've bought are 177 long. I'm 180 tall and 90kg. My previous piste skis were 170cm and they seemed fine but these ones have a bit of rocker so I guess they should be a bit longer.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stevew, I have the Titans and after 3 weeks skiing this year there's not a mark on them. Make yourself wide and ugly in lift queues to stop idiots walking on them and make sure you take them off by putting you pole in your binding rather than using the other ski to stamp on them. I really don't think they are any more susceptible to damage than another ski.

Most importantly the Titans rock! The edge hold and versatility of them is amazing. Got mine upto 102.6kph recently and not a wobble. They are great fun in bump, crud, groomers and regardless to the condition of the piste, if you put them on edge and carve them with a lot of pressure they will bounce you out of the turn and put a real smile on your face Smile
ski holidays
@Valkyrie, 177 will be fine. I'm 173 tall and 75kg and have them in a 164. You'll love them
ski holidays
PaulC1984, that's the sort of feedback I like, a bit of post purchase affirmation Very Happy
snow conditions
Seller gave me £25 off because I was going to send them back. Happy now.
latest report
Good info on this ski. I'm looking at a pair of these myself. 6'4" and around 100kg with ski kit on. Is the 177 suitable or should i be looking at another ski in a longer length. This would obvs be a 100% piste ski.
snow conditions
See http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2613687&highlight=titan#2613687

As with all thing Skiing the length of ski depends on many factors - ability, on piste/off piste - weight, the list goes on.

I've not hear a bad word on the Head iSuperShape range (apart from topsheet softness)- 177s sound the way to go. Depends on your budget really.

Whichever way you go you're not going to know if you've made the right decision until you ski on them.
snow conditions
I did demo a pair a couple of times last season but could only get my feet on 170s.

Not going to put my skiing in a category but i carve my prophet 98s pretty well and a ski new gen instructor once called my short turns perfect wink
ski holidays
I have the 2015 Titan's I got brand new in Sep '14 and have skied on them for 4 weeks this season. The sides and top sheets are scratched to bits and even after the first week, they looked in worse condition than my 5 year old Rossi R9X's. Didn't help either in Morzine 2 weeks ago a local blatantly skied over the backs of them and then when I shouted at him 'oh come on' he looked at me as if to say 'what?' Ignorance is bliss and he's lucky I wasn't in a position to have a proper go!! Needles to say in summary, HEAD Titans proper rock but the top sheets are rubbish! Get them sorted HEAD please!!
snow report
Mollerski wrote:
@stevew,

They're skis man, not the Wife's Louboutin's! Very Happy If you're gonna be that precious about them, maybe you should mount them on the wall rather than risk skiing on them. wink wink

I think I've decided I will be precious about my new ski's when I go out to La Tania this week Sad

Still don't know what a Louboutin is Puzzled obviously live a sheltered life
ski holidays
stevew wrote:
Still don't know what a Louboutin is Puzzled obviously live a sheltered life

Or you're a single straight man (gay men know what Louboutins are).
ski holidays
If anyone is interested, I am selling a pair of iTitans on the Buy, Sell, Exchange thread. Just saying.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=117790
snow report
Yup, I'd agree that the topsheet is a little prone to nicks and scratching but as others say, they're tools for a job and a damned good job they do.
latest report
@Zero_G, middle aged and married, clearly I should blame the wife for not keeping up to speed on such fashion icons Toofy Grin
latest report
Really enjoyed the new ski's last weekend certainly more stable than my old B2's but I have noticed some scratches on the top sheets but in all honesty can't remember what my old ski's looked like after a week .... and yes I was a little more precious with them than normal given the above comments. But having said that given the "poor" conditions in the 3 Vallees the bases look wonderful still.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've used my HEAD i.Supershape Speed (2011/2012 model) skis for 10 weeks of skiing so far. I haven't noticed any topsheet damage.

I agree with what PaulC1984 wrote: "Make yourself wide and ugly in lift queues to stop idiots walking on them..."

Arms apart, poles planted, hard stares or brief harsh words to idiots who step on them or try to snuggle up close to your butt.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy