Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not staying in a resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of driving out to France in my crew van with a mate or two but staying down in one of the towns and skiing several resorts in 4 or 5 days. All have own equipment.
Can get a half board hotel for less than 20 pounds a night each.
Thinking of somewhere like St Michel D'Mauriene and skiing 3 valleys from Orelle one day. Les Sybelles another day and Valloire on another day. Drive to the lifts (30 minutes or so each morning)

Seems cheapest way for a midweek break. I can't go for a full week.

Anyone done anything similar?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not done it but it is a good way if you can't do the 'standard package'. Other towns to consider in France include Moutiers (3 V and Paradiski) or Bourg St Maurice (Espace Killy, St Foy La Ros and Paradiski)

Just a note of caution 20 quid for half board sounds very cheap - I would make sure it really exists (there are increasing French press reports about dodgy sites), and be prepared for something like a youth hostel. As a guide an uncatered room in a Formule 1 starts at about €30. A Travelodge equivalent (again no food) such as BBHotels start at about €40.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Start here and work your way back:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=115764
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@garethjomo, Only one day for the 3 vallies - wow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Other towns to consider in France include Moutiers (3 V and Paradiski) or Bourg St Maurice (Espace Killy, St Foy La Ros and Paradiski)

or Sallanches - Chamonix, Grand Massif, Les Contamines, Combloux, St Gervais, Megeve
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
£20 a night half board sounds too cheap to be a youth hostel. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bourg D'Oisans too, L2A, ADH, Serre Chevalier plus several smaller resorts.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Done it a few times in France garethjomo - have always enjoyed it and would recommend it on cost-saving grounds. Have always had a hire car and stayed in places varying from small B&B hotels to fairly basic (but adequate) chain hotels (eg Formule 1, Ibis, Etap) in places like Albertville, Moutiers, Sallanches, Cluses and St Jean De Maurienne. All within quite easy driving distance of some great skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Done it a few times in France garethjomo - have always enjoyed it and would recommend it on cost-saving grounds. Have always had a hire car and stayed in places varying from small B&B hotels to fairly basic (but adequate) chain hotels (eg Formule 1, Ibis, Etap) in places like Albertville, Moutiers, Sallanches, Cluses and St Jean De Maurienne. All within quite easy driving distance of some great skiing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
£20 a night per person! so between 45-60 euros for the room.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy