Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm living in Grenoble at the moment and go skiing regularly on weekends to the nearby stations with this offer called "Skiligne" where you get a bus ticket + a skipass. It does not include an insurance. And i have heard stories that you might end up having to pay a lot even when you have an accident on-piste. I am looking into some ski insurances in France which one could buy for a year. I think that by roughly paying 50 euros per year, one can be covered the helicopter charges, additional hospital charges, for stolen skis, etc. Does it really work this well for a small amount of price?

And most importantly, is there a ski insurance in France that you'd recommend me?

Thank you very much!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Google "carte neige"
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Carte Neige
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would this be it?

http://www2.ffs.fr/carteneige/online
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnE wrote:
Carte Neige

+2

Cheap as chips. Probablythe most recognised cover there is as far as piste security guys are concerned. I've even been known to take it out even though I already had travel insurance.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@adithorp, I definitely take out Carte Neige on top of my normal travel insurance. It's very cheap peace of mind to know that you will be got off the mountain with no questions asked in the event of a nasty one.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+3 Had reason to be glad of this on our holiday this year. The smile on the face of the pisteur on seeing the receipt for Carte Neige was worth a $1m - he just took a copy once the ambulance met us at the foot of the slopes and that was it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@themothandthestar, you need to talk to people well versed in the way the French health system works to be sure of just how much of your outlay would be covered by Carte Neige/Carré Neige. Read all the small print. It's certainly the easiest way, by a long chalk, to get yourself off a mountain without your skis or snowboard being taken hostage.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does any one know if there is an Italian equivalent to the Carte Neige? snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@themothandthestar, if your pass does not include insurance it should be possible to just go to the lift pass office and ask for it to be added.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NeddySkiGoon, that's what I'm trying to work out too. Have read some conflicting stuff on here - one thread says it's included with Italian lift passes unless you opt out and another say an Italian instructor says it's all free of charge. If you find out for sure, please post! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

f your pass does not include insurance it should be possible to just go to the lift pass office and ask for it to be added.

This. You could be re-issued with a pass indicating that the insurance is included or you could just be given a paper receipt for the extra payment, which would then need to be carried along with the pass.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When i attempted to order the carte neige online, i have to choose a club. Does this have any effect? Can i have an accident anywhere in France? Smile
Would it make sense to choose a club where there are minimum fees?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No, yes and yes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy