Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo Female - Morzine - 23rd/24th/25th March - Intermediate/Advanced

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Will be going to Thollon for a family reunion for the weekend of 28th March but am tacking on a few days in Morzine before that and wondered if there was anybody out there that could guide me around the area for a day on the 24th or 25th March? I've never been there before.

I'm a pretty okayish skier having done a number of seasons but am unfit and getting on a bit - now in my 40's - dammit. Normally I'd call myself advanced but think its best to say intermediate but quick this time round - not bothered about going off piste and due to 'knees' mogul fields are also off the list - just want to bomb around the reds and occasional steep but smoothish black and have fun.

I will be holidaying with my husband who can't ski on this trip so am rather on my tod on the hill...

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 6-03-15 0:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you ESF attempting entrapment?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No!!! Just a lonely punter on a budget - promise! Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And was going to hire a guide but as I don't want to have lessons - just to be shown the best runs of the day and the quickest lifts etc it seems a bit silly to fork out for 5* when I'd be perfectly happy with 2*. That's all.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know the area well but I regret that I am not free. However my reason for posting is I think this is a perfectly proper use of the forum. ESF and all the others should not stop skiers hooking up with other skiers for a fun ski day and if one person knows the mountain better and no actual money is exchanged what is the harm?!?! Skiing with a group we often pick up stray skiers or boarders for a day or longer and actually I have made some great friends that way. Its all good!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Bigrobski, thanks!!! With that attitude I too am sorry that you're not free... I also used to collect waifs and strays during my seasons - you're right, it's nice. Cool
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still hoping that somebody will be in Morzine, or if anybody knows of a (cheap) good ski 'guide' company? Puzzled Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's another thread in 'bend ze knees' that has revealed the names of many ski schools etc in Morzine so have just fired off a few emails Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Got a guide for a day but would still like to meet up with a ski buddy if anybody's around for the other days. snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Radz, Just a thought but you might find a ski buddy if you go on to the Avoriaz, Morzine, Les Gets thread in the Snow Reports section.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good call - have just posted there - thanks!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Found somebody!!! A contact through friends of friends but who is coincidentally a fellow snowhead. Whoop - this time next week.... snowHead Cool snowHead Cool snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy